Home

Remember when...

This is a discussion on Remember when... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Remember when...

You would go to the store, grab a game off the shelf, buy it and take it home and play it until you're thumbs hurt? Remember when the game you waited months to come out was fine just the way it was out of the box? I spend more time, waiting for patches and updates then I do playing the damn game. Madden is ruining "videogames" for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Remember when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke
You would go to the store, grab a game off the shelf, buy it and take it home and play it until you're thumbs hurt? Remember when the game you waited months to come out was fine just the way it was out of the box? I spend more time, waiting for patches and updates then I do playing the damn game. Madden is ruining "videogames" for me.
Then don't play it. End of story.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
In this case, Madden hasn't ruined video games for you.

Technology has.

Every game is patched, Madden is no different.

There is no doubt that if there was a chance for patches back then, you would have been waiting them as well. You have become spoiled.

remember when you used to play the game for what it was???

No game has ever been without glitches or problems.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhbk
Then don't play it. End of story.
This makes the 3rd time I've read a post of yours that was awful. If this is the kind of in-depth, informative posting we can expect from you, please leave.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
This makes the 3rd time I've read a post of yours that was awful. If this is the kind of in-depth, informative posting we can expect from you, please leave.
Again how is it awful? What you described is nothing new in games. If you aren't ok with it then stop playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

what games did you play as a child that were perfect out of the box and not in need of patching?

Because, while I played the hell out of games when I was a wee-lad as well, I can sure tell you that they all had issues, glitches, and things in need of patching.

We are SPOILED because technology has now caught up to us and companies have the ability to patch game breaking issues and tweak things that need tweaked after people have played tons of games.

I loved Madden 01, but I can go back and play the PS1 disc that I have and come up with a multitude of issues that we would, right now, be complaining about and demanding a patch for.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
In this case, Madden hasn't ruined video games for you.

Technology has.

Every game is patched, Madden is no different.

There is no doubt that if there was a chance for patches back then, you would have been waiting them as well. You have become spoiled.

remember when you used to play the game for what it was???

No game has ever been without glitches or problems.
Very true... maybe I was just one of those people that didn't notice ever single little glitch. And I still dont today, but if I read something that will improve the game, naturally I'll want it, seeing how I paid 60 bucks in the first place. I hold out for roster updates more than anything.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
DickDalewood

OVR:

Remember when games weren't nearly as good as you are remembering them to be and you used to play them for fun instead of expecting them to be so perfect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »