Home

The Sony team should make this game...

This is a discussion on The Sony team should make this game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Sony team should make this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
its no easier to make than any other game. you mo cap players to get your animations. that running animation in madden was not mo capped on any player cause no one runs like that. it all boils down to the work that the team puts into a game. the show beats madden because that team worked harder on their game.
theres a lot more contact and waay more animations that would have to go into a football game as opposed to a baseball game. yea madden sucks but it is a lot easier to make a baseball game than a football one. not the same thing
Old 09-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
Banned

I think that some people on this board are constant complainers all the time no matter what EA does or doesn't do......

Let me keep this real... I remember when atari football had a block football and three men on each side....no one complained

Intellivision had football stickmen...no one complained
Most of you are too young to remember this......

My point is we have come a very long way with video gaming today madden 10 is by far the most complete football game period...not perfect but complete!!

But it's our culture that enough is never enough people will never be content..

To EA thanks chief for your hard word and effort I dont expect a perfect game just a playable game.....
Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
theres a lot more contact and waay more animations that would have to go into a football game as opposed to a baseball game. yea madden sucks but it is a lot easier to make a baseball game than a football one. not the same thing
Agree 100% but why are Madden 2004 running animations better than Madden 10?
Why are Sim Stats broken when they were "fine" last year?
Why are Stadium Specific Sounds not in the game when they were last year?
Why do we have basically only 2 catching animations when NCAA 09 had sweet catching animations and so did Madden 09?
Why are things that were working now broken?
I know Ian and the team work hard to make this game a great game but they really messed somethings up. Its like they take one 1 step forward in a area and 2 step backwards in others.

I just don't understand how things get broken? They seriously need Industrial Engineers and apply all kind of quality control systems in their system.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 22

thanks for sharing your hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I was watching videos at EAsportsworld and man do the animations of this game suck!

Look at what sony did with MLB 09. it has its share of problems just like any game, but at least the players move, run, throw, etc like they are real humans. the animations in madden just look robotic. it pains me to watch my beloved titans CJ run on this game like he is running with a dump in his pants. with the way technology is and other companies making games that very closely resemble what you see in real life, EA should get on the ball and quit putting out a crappy product. Im the type of person that wants to be proud of my work even if the market for it is cornered. I guess the people at EA dont worry so much about that, cause I would not be proud if I put this excuse for a game out for people to buy.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
I think that some people on this board are constant complainers all the time no matter what EA does or doesn't do......

Let me keep this real... I remember when atari football had a block football and three men on each side....no one complained

Intellivision had football stickmen...no one complained
Most of you are too young to remember this......

My point is we have come a very long way with video gaming today madden 10 is by far the most complete football game period...not perfect but complete!!

But it's our culture that enough is never enough people will never be content..

To EA thanks chief for your hard word and effort I dont expect a perfect game just a playable game.....
People are complaining because they expect the game to be at least as immersive as the last generation game was. Those guys back then move better than Madden 10 guys.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not to make excuses for EA, but baseball is a vastly easier game to replicate than football. And The Show isn't without its own problems either.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #23
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Not to get to deeply involved in this whole Baseball or Football game being easier to make, but let's, for argument's sake, accept it as a fact that it is more difficult to develop animations in Football, because of all the interactions and collisions that take place, as opposed to Baseball.

Can someone explain to me then, if that is true, why the running animations in Madden, when people are running in a straight line, and aren't involved in a collision, and aren't interacting with other players, and aren't changing direction, still don't look realistic?
Old 09-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabs485
People are complaining because they expect the game to be at least as immersive as the last generation game was. Those guys back then move better than Madden 10 guys.
Not really those games the players were so slow moving no jukes no brk tak no nothing.....but when you played it you didn't care...

Now some people really believe think that a Video game can duplcate the real game....Pipe dreamers...

my 2 cents
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »