Home

CB Dogs Blitz is unrealistic

This is a discussion on CB Dogs Blitz is unrealistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
CB Dogs Blitz is unrealistic

Now I've watched and played alot football, Now don't get me wrong i know people blitz conerbacks all the time but not once do ever recall anyone sending double conerback blitz. Yet i have seen the CPU use this blitz multiple times in multiple games on different versions of madden. My main prob with the blitz is when the CPU uses the blitz which is mainly in long passing situation. NO way would anybody blitz there two best cover people in situations where u would need them the most. Most of the time it leaves safties mismatched on WR's which often results in TD's or huge gains. What bugs me the most is the speed at which the CB's apply pressure, i know that CB's are fast but they shouldn't apply instant pressure blitzing from the numbers, as say would a LB blitzing up the gut or a NB off the edge. Now if the CPU ran this play once a game cool, but I typically see the CPU run this blitz 4 or 5 time a game sometimes more depending on situation. It just really takes away from CPU defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: CB Dogs Blitz is unrealistic

They really need to divide up the blitzes into more specific categories. From what I've gathered, the CPU chooses to blitz or not to blitz. CB Dogs blitz is just as much a blitz as a simple OLB blitz with man coverage across the board. They need to put CB blitz and Engage Eight into a different category of blitz because they are much more risky than a vanilla LB blitz.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

While the actual play may be too effective, I have definitely seen the Eagles (under Jim Johnson) sent multiple corners on blitzes (along with safeties).
Old 09-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Jim Johnson is known for his blitzes but I cant imagine he would send his only 2 CBs on a blitz. Maybe the outside CB and a Nickel back.

I agree the double CB blitz is unrealistic and way overused
Old 09-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea I liked Jim Johnson scheme and the way he called his plays, but i'm with with Palo20 maybe a NB and a CB but I don't think i recall seeing Double CB blitz in pass situation maybe on short yardage. But def not very often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I have no problem with teams like the Eagles and Steelers sending blitz from exotic places, but when some vanilla defense like Colts is blitzing CBs regularly, that's a problem. I just want defenses to play like they do on Sunday.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I have no problem with teams like the Eagles and Steelers sending blitz from exotic places, but when some vanilla defense like Colts is blitzing CBs regularly, that's a problem. I just want defenses to play like they do on Sunday.
Yeah, I completely agree. I'd also like to see some blitzes that come up the middle and just push the pocket back into the QB.

The Jets created amazing pressure on Brady last week and didn't sack him once. The Pats had 2 sacks it hardly put any pressure on Sanchez. I'd just like to see teams be able to create an uncomfortable pocket, even if they don't get home.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Usually the corner blitzes come from the blind side, sending a corner from the side of the field that the QB is looking at would be a recipe for disaster

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »