Home

The guaranteed way to fix progression

This is a discussion on The guaranteed way to fix progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
The guaranteed way to fix progression

Let us edit players!!! No more complaining that Tom Brady is still a 99 once he's 41. I can just edit him to a 90. I can personalize my franchise to however I like it. Sure some people will make their team 99. But we payed $60 we should be able to do that. Please let us do this. That way my franchise can last past 2016. Wadda ya guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The guaranteed way to fix progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Let us edit players!!! No more complaining that Tom Brady is still a 99 once he's 41. I can just edit him to a 90. I can personalize my franchise to however I like it. Sure some people will make their team 99. But we payed $60 we should be able to do that. Please let us do this. That way my franchise can last past 2016. Wadda ya guys think?
That is a completely different issue than being a guaranteed way to fix progression.

You want to be able to edit players, I agree, I see no reason you shouldn't be allowed to.

But me personally, I want progression to work. I have no desire to go through and edit a bunch of players. Let's not just throw a band aid on the issue.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Weren't you able to do that in Madden 09? Maybe I'm mistaken...

And yea I agree with Kehlis. That's not really fixing the issue...
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i dont know why they dont do what 06 did and use progression during the year every 4 weeks. based on their potential and performance they should get better or worse depending on how they play. if they play badly, if a QB throws too many picks his accuracy goes down. if a RB fumbles too much his carrying goes down, etc....
Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

This won't fix progression but this should be in the game. come on EA how does this affect you.just put this in the game how hard can that be.
if you want to use it than you can if you don't just dont use it.
this is simple but EA wont do this because they spend there time improving the grass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
i dont know why they dont do what 06 did and use progression during the year every 4 weeks. based on their potential and performance they should get better or worse depending on how they play. if they play badly, if a QB throws too many picks his accuracy goes down. if a RB fumbles too much his carrying goes down, etc....

I feel this is the best solution. I loved that mid season progression. Great to see a player on your team have a bad, or good stretch in the season and have his ratings reflect that. Always liked how that worked out.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I feel this is the best solution. I loved that mid season progression. Great to see a player on your team have a bad, or good stretch in the season and have his ratings reflect that. Always liked how that worked out.
What's ironic is that's what these week-by-week roster updates seem to be doing.

I also loved the during the season progression. Much more realistic. Players don't just improve or decline once in a big lump at end of the season.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

if they do that then people will be bitching that the game is messed up because they cant fight the urge (madden crack) and have to feed their addiction by editing rosters and jacking players to 99's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »