Home

just had my worst game of this year: avoid gamertag GREEN CIGARETTE

This is a discussion on just had my worst game of this year: avoid gamertag GREEN CIGARETTE within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: just had my worst game of this year: avoid gamertag GREEN CIGARETTE

i think what the game could benefit from is something like a guess pitch option in the preplay controls. maybe in the defensive adjustments allow us to choose to tell our defense to look for a certain play, maybe the last 4 your opponent has ran. if you make the right call your team should be all over the play covering everything. this should also cause your defense to sell out against that play, so maybe have the defense take a few steps towards covering the play you wanted them to watch for before recovering and adjusting to the play.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
u can't tell somebody how to play...everybody has different methods to win...if ur that good or above someone that u jus always play "straight up" then jus get a W and move on...its wack to report someone bc they don't play the way u like
Lol, leave it to the guy who types like a ****** to defend the cheeser.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

i really can't stand playing online...

i've had few games but most are just annoying.

i played 3 plays and a guy quit on me no clue why.

played another guy who threw 25 passes to the running backs in the flats only.

another guy that just put champ at WR and threw to him every down no matter what.

i've played few good games online most of the time i'm just playing against someone that is trying to use the same two or three plays on offense or defense. pretty boring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
Rookie

CR Shepard's Arena

OVR: 2

I think they should put in a play counter that resets on every series. Make it so you can"t play the same run play more than 3 times, and only be able to run any pass play 2 times, after they reach the maximum number of times played for any play that play gets greyed out untill the next series at which time all the plays would reset. This would eliminate that type of game plan and ultimately make people better madden players.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #13
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

His name should have put up a red flag
Old 09-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by doseyclwn
Ball control is not stupid, but it sounds like this guy's only strategy was based on glitches and waiting. I don't know that I'd call it cheating, but it doesn't sound that fun to me.
so much for wandering into the abyss...
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by haze56
His name should have put up a red flag

how so???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
u can't tell somebody how to play...everybody has different methods to win...if ur that good or above someone that u jus always play "straight up" then jus get a W and move on...its wack to report someone bc they don't play the way u like
Please don't mistake this as a crybaby thread, i've lost to players who aren't good and i've beaten people who won the madden challenge (no chest thumping intended). Win or lose, i just want to have a good game. It's a digital W, it doesn't mean that much. I just want us to rally together to eliminate these types of players (Green Cigarette) from the community. If you saw how he played it's more than likely you would see where i'm coming from. I agree with your point as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Shepard
I think they should put in a play counter that resets on every series. Make it so you can"t play the same run play more than 3 times, and only be able to run any pass play 2 times, after they reach the maximum number of times played for any play that play gets greyed out untill the next series at which time all the plays would reset. This would eliminate that type of game plan and ultimately make people better madden players.
This is a great idea! i hope the dev team hears about this idea. best idea i've heard in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
i think what the game could benefit from is something like a guess pitch option in the preplay controls. maybe in the defensive adjustments allow us to choose to tell our defense to look for a certain play, maybe the last 4 your opponent has ran. if you make the right call your team should be all over the play covering everything. this should also cause your defense to sell out against that play, so maybe have the defense take a few steps towards covering the play you wanted them to watch for before recovering and adjusting to the play.
another good idea. +1 is this in the same vein as tecmo bowl? would be a cool option to have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »