Home

Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Just to further back up the posted research...I signed the weakest FA kickers and punters, turned them into my OL, and played a game with my regular slider settings. Little or no difference in performance to my regular highly rated franchise team OL

Be interesting to see EA's response to this.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

You're expecting a response to acknowledge the results of these tests? To agree with the findings?

No, it would be silly of Ian to do this and I'm sure he has already been told to stay out of this debate until the next cycle of forum activity starts early next year.

How many company's have come out and straight up said yes their game is broken? Only some and only those where a patch can fix it. These problems are not patchable, it requires a whole new design and given that they've only just started using ProTak they would have to come up with something new or rewrite the ProTak engine.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not expecting an EA response. They have a very unfair habit of ignoring threads like this.

I don't think the fix is as difficult as you say though. There is a clear difference (or maybe I need to go test this further) between defensive linemen, so it's almost like the "dice rolls" incorporate the defenders ratings, but not the blockers ratings. It could just be a very simple, but very bad screw up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 7

Let's take a look at the fundamentals of football and see if EA has gotten any right this entire time on the Next-Gen consoles

QB Play- This is really the first year they've done anything, it is doesn't seem like much to me. CPU QBs still have eyes everywhere on the field and are horrible with game management. Also not enough audibles or adjustments from CPU

Running- Worst running animations of any PS3 game in my opinion. CPU has never learned how to run effectively either

WR Play- How in the world can you put Larry Fitzgerald on the cover, then have the WRs play like this. No one ever comes back for the ball, the over the shoulder catch is overused, and speed is still the only thing that matters.

OL Play- I think NG blocking has been astrocious, and has not even come close to improving. Suction blocking, missed assignments, and the fact that P's and Kickers can play left tackle without missing a beat. Blocking is the very foundation of football, yet EA acts like they are trying to replicate a 7 on 7 drill.

DL Play- Even if you can get pressure once in a blue moon, the CPU QB will see you no matter where you are and throw it away.

LB- Pursuit angles are those of a pop warner football league. Hook zones and flats are never covered by the LBs. They are pretty useless in Madden

DB- Just awful... Period

Franchise Mode- Every time they take a step forward, we get two steps back. It was freezing a few years ago, and now it is the difficulty to sign rookies and FAs that makes it so unrealistic. Not to mention once you learn ratings mean nothing, It is pointless to try and build a team when you know anyone can be plugged in and be as productive.

Ratings- Please stop telling us these actually mean anything. How Ian can say that "speed is not the big factor" this year, when in fact a kicker can play OL is a bold faced lie. Ratings are a joke.

I don't understand how anyone can play or defend this game. It is utter trash, and I am so glad I refrained from buying it this year.

***Edit- Sorry, I thought I was in another thread. Sorry this is off topic, but I hit the ratings point a few times so I hope you guys will forgive me.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I like Ian, but you have be consistent.
When he was pumping up the game pre-release, he was here a lot and constantly answering our questions.
He was a non-stop information guy.

People release threads like this and that guy at YouTube with his "pro level is the best" thread and Ian, Phil and the gang are nowhere to be found.

Heck, I hoped for an answer to this punting inside my 25-yard line thing ... not a word. To me, this is a humongous game killer ... and something I personally showed them at the Community Event.

You can't bask in the praise of the boards and then ignore the criticism.
Completely agree with this. The absence is very conspicuous.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #78
Banned

You guys are mistaken, Ian has not taken a leave of absence or disappeared from the boards.

He can be found on the online franchise forum where he can avoid all the threads that point out the glaring weaknesses in his game. I expect him to address this thread and others like it come March when he can claim he has fixed all this.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 6
i wish someone in the online league had the guts to play with kickers and punters as their offensive line vs ian online and then post videos of it.

that would be hilarious.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
i wish someone in the online league had the guts to play with kickers and punters as their offensive line vs ian online and then post videos of it.

that would be hilarious.
Lol... I wonder what a company like EA would do if people started doing that.

I'm thinking they would never be seen again, as well as Guam having dozens of new inhabitants from a far away land.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »