Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #97
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I like Ian, but you have be consistent.

You can't bask in the praise of the boards and then ignore the criticism.
I agree with you Dave.

I'm going to chose my words carefully...because I'm not going to insult Ian behind his back.

Coming to the board now, would be like walking into a minefield. And I suppose it's even arguable if it would really accomplish much of anything. I'm tempted to say, it may cause more trouble than it's worth. However...I do agree, that if this interaction is to continue, and be taken seriously...it shouldn't be "on" when things are good...and "off", when theres difficult questions that the customers would like answered.

I sympathize with both sides. On the one hand, theres a number of members who may feel possibly betrayed, that the devs have for the most part, disappeared from the board. And on the other...the devs that did their level best, and coming back, they may be facing an angry mob. I don't envy either side.

Last edited by Vikes1; 09-29-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
So far with 99 overall linemen I am averaging 5-10 seconds of sitting in the pocket against the Vikings, Colts, and Giants. I used a single back set with 4 WRs and 1 RB the RB takes off on a route. The defense uses a 4 man rush from the Dline. The fastest sack was 4.38 seconds but every other play was in the 5 second range. I had a total of 2 plays that lasted 15.28 and 14.75 seconds long. I did ten plays with each team for a total of 30 downs. I will edit my post when I compare results with an overall 12 line.(This is All-Pro with no adjustments to the game aside my linemen)

I didnt bother to check what the times were with the vikings or giants. With only the colts tested on ten downs the times were as followed.

There was an obvious time difference from 99 to 12. I was going to try and test the CPU with the same line but the QB for the CPU throws the ball at about 1-3 seconds with the 12 overall line before a Dlinemen gets to him and with the 99 line he throws it about 3-6 seconds every play.
Hark Hark(don't know what that means), do I see a ray of light?
Please keep us updated with your test on the ratings, good stuff. You would think EA tried some of this...unbelievable. Just throw out the game full of bugs, who cares.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 6
a line made of punters should get run over immediately every snap. you should have 0 positive plays.

furthermore they should be injured very easily by 300 pound d-linemen.

ian is a salesman. as a man, you would think he would respond professionally to some of our questions. he should try and do some damage control or something. instead, he acts as if he has no clue there is an issue with pursuit angles, etc.

the bottom line is EA has made its money on this game. without any competiton, they never go below 100% market share. lagging sales can be blamed on the console sales or the economy. believe me, we would have a much better product if they were truly worried about anything.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #100
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
PBF and agility are two completely and separate things. Agility is a physical ability. How well you can change direction and move. Footwork is a technical skill in how well you can bend and move like a proper Oline(I wont get into further details because I dont know how to properly block, I just know that there is something about bending at the proper places ect ect that are taught not born into like agility is to an extent). The issue with making agility universal means I can take a big strong/agile WR and place him on the line as a pass blocker. His agility would allow him to stop speed/finesse rushers. When IRL would a WR be able to stop Freeney coming round.

I agree they need to remove some ratings but it is different ratings I suggest. I suggest removing pass block, run block, and throw accuarcy(maybe awareness but I would rather see positional awareness made instead of a general stat that applies for all players)
The problem i see with more ratings is there is just no way to get them all to work like they should in a video game right now especialy a sports game where there are just so many variables everything just gets all muddled up,until they can improve AI i think they need to trim some of the fat.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
The problem i see with more ratings is there is just no way to get them all to work like they should in a video game right now especialy a sports game where there are just so many variables everything just gets all muddled up,until they can improve AI i think they need to trim some of the fat.
I have already stated that the amount of work required to remove said attributes would be a huge setback to M11 if they went that route. It doesnt make logic sense to take time removing a large portion of the game and recreate it in a simpler way. To "trim the fat" would require more work then to change the value of each rating in the current system while adding new animations to reflect these changes.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-29-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have already stated that the amount of work required to remove said attributes would be a huge setback to M11 if they went that route. It doesnt make logic sense to take time removing a large portion of the game and recreate it in a simpler way. To "trim the fat" would require more work then to change the value of each rating in the current system while adding new ratings to reflect these changes.
But how can it be that much of a setback when it is already proven that the current "engine" is nonexistent?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 5

I remember when I first came over to the darkside after the deal went down. I played Madden last gen and tried it up until M10. One of the things I mentioned to the Madden apologists was how can they claim to be good at the game when everything is so random.

Even the so called "stick skills" were nothing compared to people with "stick skills" in the 2k5 community. It seems "stick skills" in the Madden community was more about exploiting the A.I. than playing the game well.

I think with alot of people still stuck in the Madden world is because they really don't know how a good football game should play. If I have a pro bowl RT lined up against a scrub DE, I should be able to run off tackle all day. UNLESS, my opponent adjusts and helps his scrub DE with back up, anticipation and gameplanning. That is football ladies and gentlemen, Madden is a long way from that. If the ratings are broken or nonexistent(which is the core)then it doesn't deserve to call itself a football game.

Last edited by alliance4g63; 09-29-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
PBF and agility are two completely and separate things. Agility is a physical ability. How well you can change direction and move. Footwork is a technical skill in how well you can bend and move like a proper Oline(I wont get into further details because I dont know how to properly block, I just know that there is something about bending at the proper places ect ect that are taught not born into like agility is to an extent). The issue with making agility universal means I can take a big strong/agile WR and place him on the line as a pass blocker. His agility would allow him to stop speed/finesse rushers. When IRL would a WR be able to stop Freeney coming round.
If footwork is a technical skill, it could be reflected in pass block. PBL would be the player's ability to successfully engage and hold a block during pass plays. That would incorporate things such as great footwork and reading the pass rush/blitzers/line stunts. I believe I mentioned PBL being used in my post (if not, then I should have).

AGI would still be effective for getting into position to make the block (it's one thing to be able to engage and win your battle, it's another to get yourself in position to make the play).

I do think it can be reflected in fewer ratings and not more. In fact, wasn't it this way in the older Madden games? Could you put Ps in to pass block then?

Quote:
I agree they need to remove some ratings but it is different ratings I suggest. I suggest removing pass block, run block, and throw accuarcy(maybe awareness but I would rather see positional awareness made instead of a general stat that applies for all players)
I could see removing the "general" pass block/run block and just use the footwork ratings. That makes sense as well.

Removing throw accuracy? That's interesting. How would we reflect some passers having better placement on throws? Without pass accuracy, how would we create a difference between JaMarcus Russell and Peyton Manning's accuracy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »