Home

Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #129
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
Are you honestly expecting me to believe that Madden doesn't have enough animations for the game engine to say, "hey, this guy is only a 12 in blocking, let's let him get manhandled by Justin Tuck." I've seen enough animations where Olinemen spin in a circle or look away from a pass rusher, so why not just have these animations play for a punter.

The fact that a punter was used in this scenario is irrelevant. The point was to show any player with a 12 in a block rating can hold their own at a level comprable to that of a 99 rated Olinemen. Madden not having a specific animation for a punter at oline isn't the problem, it's that they don't have any animations or logic for an awful player at that line. It isn't that we are doing something to break the logic of the game, it is that there is no logic to begin with.

Time to take off the fanboy glasses dude. There is no way you can defend a company with the resources of EA to allow such ridiculous and unrealistic things to happen in madden.
Because there's no reason that a guy with a 12 blocking rating should ever be on the line. None of the actual linemen are rated that low. None of the rookie classes have linemen rated that low. It's not a situation that should happen. What reason would someone ever have to stick a guy rated that low on the line unless they were trying to cheat? "I can't beat this defensive Madden Moment, so I'm gonna make the other team *really* bad first".

Oh, and yes, call me a fanboy. I love that. I've never played anything other than Madden... *cough*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fanboy.jpg (78.0 KB, 94 views)
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 6
no need to call each other names.

why doesnt ea come out and just say that there is a bare bones minimum o-line ability that everyone has to prevent somone from getting 50 sacks in a game. that would solve alot of these problems.

i am convinced they dont even know what the ratings or sliders truly do.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #131
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Because there's no reason that a guy with a 12 blocking rating should ever be on the line. None of the actual linemen are rated that low. None of the rookie classes have linemen rated that low. It's not a situation that should happen. What reason would someone ever have to stick a guy rated that low on the line unless they were trying to cheat? "I can't beat this defensive Madden Moment, so I'm gonna make the other team *really* bad first".

Oh, and yes, call me a fanboy. I love that. I've never played anything other than Madden... *cough*
Read very slowly and very carefully...

It does NOT matter whether a guy should or shouldn't be on the line. The game is supposed to play out as the situation presents itself, not pretend like there is no anomally or difference in the new lineman.

What the game should do is SIMULATE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN if a punter was put on the line. It does not matter why someone put the guy on the line, that is NOT the cpus job. It is supposed to simulate what we present it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #132
Banned

OVR: 3

You dont seem to understand that if one part of a 100 point scale doesnt matter THE ENTIRE SCALE DOESNT MATTER. I dont even think you understand what your stance is.

Your stance is based on the probability of a player being out there...no one gives two ****s about the probability of a certain player being in a certain spot. The debate is about how 80% of a 1-100 scale doesnt seem to matter at all.

You seem to have the inability to understand what numbers actually mean so let me explain to you why Math is a universal language. Its because its the same no matter what country, ethic group, class status, rich, poor, black, white fat skinny the number 45 is still less than the number 89.

If one player is a 12 and another is anything over a 25 there is no contest 12 loses every time beacuse its more than double.

You learn this stuff in middle school at the latest.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 6

here is why i have no faith in Ian or his team

franchise rules state you need at least 8 linemen to start a game. if by chance 3 get hurt, hard code it so that there is no way a 4th guy can get hurt, eliminating the need for any of this nonsense! do not let anyone from a non O-line position ever enter the game on the O-line!

but what do you expect from this utterly incompetent group!
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #134
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Like I said, they need to fix the CPU roster/depth chart management. I'm not saying that part isn't broken.
Also, there is no reason for you to defend terrible programming. Even if you modify your own linemen down to low ratings, they still block well. That should tell you that the ratings mean nothing.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #135
Banned

OVR: 9

The other game using Punters and Kickers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zktvz95jQKo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #136
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
here is why i have no faith in Ian or his team

franchise rules state you need at least 8 linemen to start a game. if by chance 3 get hurt, hard code it so that there is no way a 4th guy can get hurt, eliminating the need for any of this nonsense! do not let anyone from a non O-line position ever enter the game on the O-line!

but what do you expect from this utterly incompetent group!

Easy on the hyperbole dude.

True, this is a goofy bug/glitch/programming error, that MUST be fixed, but to call them utterly incompetent is over the top.

This years Madden is BY FAR the biggest one year improvement in series history. There's no debating that. Quit with the unconstructive attacks, they don't get us anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »