Home

Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

One of my favorite threads since i've been on this site. Things like this just further prove that the Madden developers either just don't get it or they are full of it.

Key points

- We don't need a complex physics driven game. Animation driven is just fine but we need the animations to immulate real life physics.

- physics is simple velocity/mass/direction. why can't EA get this right.

- the outcomes of collisions should be determined simply by "probability adjuste dice rolls" as a previous poster commented

- ratings - less is more. do not complicate the world that madden lives in. its already too complex for the developers to handle apparently. we are not impressed by your footwork ratings

- these random non value added ratings need to be pitched. if you can't quantify, articulate and defend why each player is rated a certain way why is it in the game?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
One of my favorite threads since i've been on this site. Things like this just further prove that the Madden developers either just don't get it or they are full of it.

Key points

- We don't need a complex physics driven game. Animation driven is just fine but we need the animations to immulate real life physics.

- physics is simple velocity/mass/direction. why can't EA get this right.

- the outcomes of collisions should be determined simply by "probability adjuste dice rolls" as a previous poster commented

- ratings - less is more. do not complicate the world that madden lives in. its already too complex for the developers to handle apparently. we are not impressed by your footwork ratings

- these random non value added ratings need to be pitched. if you can't quantify, articulate and defend why each player is rated a certain way why is it in the game?
I agree Marcus...no point in having a bunch a fancy ratings that don't mean anything. Instead of 15 ratings for each position or whatever it is, knock it down to 5 ratings that actually mean something...hell that would give us a more accurate OVR rating I'd imagine as well (since a guy could have high ratings in the 10 or so meaningless ones and therefore balloon his overall rating whereas another player could have only high ratings in 5 categories....but the 5 categories that actually make a difference: speed, catching, etc.). I thought that's what they were attempting to do with the whole ratings revamp that was touted for this year (which I had liked...I mean what's the point if over half the players being rated over 90???). We'll see I guess. At least it looks like the O-line thing isn't complete garbage though...which is nice. Not great, but nice.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #155
Banned

OVR: 11

Nice to see no response from the devs. What a god damn joke. They come in here and pretend like they are going fix what's been wrong for so many years, and it turns out it's just a marketing ploy. This exclusivity agreement is a absolute disaster, just as anyone that likes baseball and owns an XBOX. As consumers we got so screwed on this. Thanks Ian for blowing smoke up our asses and not having the balls to come back in here and defend your product. If EA really thought they put out the best possible product, then the devs would be in these forums arguing with us and trying to defend their logic. I just hope the owners of OS realize that EA used these boards strictly as a means for marketing, not consumer interaction and feedback. Next year they can say what ever they like b/c I'm not listening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #156
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82

I'd like to see someone from the development team explain what each blocking rating means. What's the difference between an OL with 80 RBK and 60 RBF and an OL with 60 RBK and 80 BRF?

It's pretty clear from these videos that most of ratings are useless.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Nice to see no response from the devs. What a god damn joke. They come in here and pretend like they are going fix what's been wrong for so many years, and it turns out it's just a marketing ploy. This exclusivity agreement is a absolute disaster, just as anyone that likes baseball and owns an XBOX. As consumers we got so screwed on this. Thanks Ian for blowing smoke up our asses and not having the balls to come back in here and defend your product. If EA really thought they put out the best possible product, then the devs would be in these forums arguing with us and trying to defend their logic. I just hope the owners of OS realize that EA used these boards strictly as a means for marketing, not consumer interaction and feedback. Next year they can say what ever they like b/c I'm not listening.
Yea I bet they are actually reading the boards and laughing their asses off. I think that new sound thread was really a joke post. They just wanted to see the responses and laugh out loud again.

I atleast hope this little ordeal has changed people's stance on Madden football and they atleast rent the game instead of blind purchases.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 6

I will say this.

If I could get my 65 dollars back for this game, I would promise NOT to buy Madden 11 or complain again about Madden 10.

(You listening Ian?)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #159
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilonv1
I'd like to see someone from the development team explain what each blocking rating means. What's the difference between an OL with 80 RBK and 60 RBF and an OL with 60 RBK and 80 BRF?

It's pretty clear from these videos that most of ratings are useless.
Couldnt have been more true. Unfortunately the reality has been posted in both written and video ad nauseum in this thread and others. As I asked in another thread, good buisness would be that the devs at least acknowledge this whether as an issue or not. Even the "hey were looking at this for next year" would at least be acknoledgement of a somewhat obvious problem.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #160
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Couldnt have been more true. Unfortunately the reality has been posted in both written and video ad nauseum in this thread and others. As I asked in another thread, good buisness would be that the devs at least acknowledge this whether as an issue or not. Even the "hey were looking at this for next year" would at least be acknoledgement of a somewhat obvious problem.
For me the most frustrating part is not necessarily the glitches, its the complete absence of the developer interaction. Once this game was released they almost completely vanished. And this leads me to believe the pre-release interactions were a complete marketing ploy. People on this board are very hard to please b/c we expect a very realistic interpretation of a sports game, and Madden has failed to provide this for many years. However, when the EA crew show up singing how things are going to change and when the game gets released we once again see a flawed product, they scurry like roaches to avoid all negative feedback. I would be shocked if they have the balls to show up here pre-release of Madden 11. I think interaction was a one-time hype machine to try and generate more sales. As far as I'm concerned, their voice holds absolutely no weight anymore. I feel like a complete idiot b/c I really thought Ian was trying to do a good thing, like the SCEA devs did w/ The Show, and take our opinions into consideration when developing this game. But needless to say they duped all of us, as is apparent by their post-release silence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »