Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #201
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This is really all anybody needs to know about your opinions on this forum.

Why are you here? If you love the game, what are you doing here? If EA fixes the things us "whiners" are complaining about, you are still going to love the game. What is your MO?

I'm sorry I can't go back in time and unlearn the dumbness of this game. For example, I wish I never knew about DB's knowing your routes and breaking on them before the receivers do.

I just want Madden to express football. I don't want to play Maddenball, I want to play football. I want to give this company my $$$ and I'm trying to help them figure out how to do this.
All someone needs to know about my opinions? Really? Because I don't watch some video that may or may not be doctored so that someone can gain internet cred by posting a video about Madden and its faults, my opinion is not vaild? Seriously?

And where did I call you a "whiner"? And just a FYI, there are things that I'm looking forward to being patched as well.

And my MO? I'm here discussing the game that I've played more than a trip to my local videogame retailer. So because I enjoy the game, I'm not allowed to discuss it? Really?

Its too bad for you that you don't get to pick and choose which people are allowed to visit the forums.

Look, do me a favor. Unless you can discuss my opinion on the matter with intelligence and maturity and not stoop to the level of basically labeling me a "fanboy" simply because I disagree with you or the "videos", then do us both a favor and don't respond to my posts. It will make both of our experiences on this forum that we share a little more enjoyable.


__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-01-2009 at 07:44 PM.
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #202
Pro
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This is really all anybody needs to know about your opinions on this forum.

Why are you here? If you love the game, what are you doing here? If EA fixes the things us "whiners" are complaining about, you are still going to love the game, so what's the deal? What is your MO?

I'm sorry I can't go back in time and unlearn the dumbness of this game. For example, I wish I never knew about DB's knowing your routes and breaking on them before the receivers do. Now that is another thing I don't like about the game. We live in the information era. This isn't the 50's.

I just want Madden to express football. I don't want to play Maddenball, I want to play football. I want to give this company my $$$ and I'm trying to help them figure out how to do this.
I think that his point is that there is a difference between understanding that the game is flawed, but enjoying it anyway, and purposefully going out and looking for all the different ways the game is flawed and complaining about them.

I've watched a bunch of the videos that various people (apex, RMoody, versuz and others) have made, but I've also only seen one or two of the many things they find wrong with the game actually happen while I was playing. Remember, when you're watching the videos, you're only seeing what they want you to see, so they very well could have run a play 1000 times before getting the thing they are showing in the video to happen.

Is Madden flawed? yea, but it can be compensated to a degree with slider adjustments, and the problems that remain after that are minor enough or infrequent enough that the game is still enjoyable. Is it frustrating when my top-ranked run defense gives up 150 yards and 2 TDs in one game? Yea, but it happens in real life too, so it's hard to get too upset about it.
Dianwei32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #203
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2004
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.

I mean seriously, to argue that the vast majority of these ratings do matter in Madden is asinine. For those that think the videos are doctored, altered or whatever; just try it yourself. I did—the game is FUBAR. Now, if all that’s been proved doesn’t bother you—great, I’m sincerely happy for you. And even a bit jealous—as I would love to have an NFL game to play that I enjoyed.

Nevertheless, the game is a pretty piss-poor representation of football—and I guarantee will not change until someone else makes a better game that sells.
SemperVictoria is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #204
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
the other fact is, who amongst us hasnt seen a dime situation because of fatigue put wrs in coverage, and they play like all pro corners

who hasnt noticed a kicker or punter playing oline because of injuries? i saw sd punch it in with lt running behind nate kaeding at rt! why do we have to accept this? why will everyone rush to praise the developers when i say they are utterly incompetent? i dont care about the youtube crowd. i know i got a free afl pack from reebok and patch number one and still havent played a game with it.
why do sites like OS and PastaPadre write positive reviews of the game and coincidentally seem to be friendly (or at least in online leagues with) Ian and crew?

this isnt something that should be protected and covered up in the interest of national security. it is a freakin video game. if it sucks, say it sucks. if it is awesome, say it is awesome. do you think pasta freakin padre's review has that much influence on sales? NO. this game is going to sell 99% of the copies whether it is good or bad and that is the problem!
PhillyJim76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #205
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Play Recognition
Route Rning
Strengthun
Elusiveness
Trucking
Tackle
Catching
Power Move
Finesse move
Stamina
Injury

are others.
Big Country no disrespect but are you on the EA payroll? I am glad your enjoying this game but I'm guessing your not a big online player. Every game i see 25 rated DBS playing slot WR running deep post like their freaking Chris Carter, or a soft RB like Reggie Bush break four or more tackles, or a 95 center just spinning in circles like hes staring in Barney on ice. Most these ratings are just eye candy.
Wheetbone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #206
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
You don't play it, but too many in here 2k5 was realistic. Everyone in here who has played 2k5 would probably say that ratings mattered in 2k5 because they did. So how can these people say that kickers and punters being able to block dlineman for a bit is proof that the ratings don't matter in madden 10 ?

Also, I haven't seen any video proof of this in madden 10. The only video I've seen with punter/kickers on the online was of 2k5. Have you ran a franchise and put kickers on the oline ?
It has already been said to not focus on the idea of putting a p/k in as a offensive lineman. People used the p/k as an example just to illustrate the point better. It is more about a low rated lineman still holding his own against an elite defensive lineman.

I played 2k5 alot and I mean alot. And there were big differences between scrubs and elite players. I used the cowboys and Testerverde barely could throw 30 yards. And I knew I could count on Terry Glenn to catch a pass on 3rd down. If I tried to throw it a scrub 3rd receiver I would have to almost be fully charged for them to catch it. Ratings mattered in 2k5, sometimes too much when it came to playing the Patriots.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10

Last edited by alliance4g63; 10-01-2009 at 10:26 PM.
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #207
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I think that his point is that there is a difference between understanding that the game is flawed, but enjoying it anyway, and purposefully going out and looking for all the different ways the game is flawed and complaining about them.

I've watched a bunch of the videos that various people (apex, RMoody, versuz and others) have made, but I've also only seen one or two of the many things they find wrong with the game actually happen while I was playing. Remember, when you're watching the videos, you're only seeing what they want you to see, so they very well could have run a play 1000 times before getting the thing they are showing in the video to happen.

Is Madden flawed? yea, but it can be compensated to a degree with slider adjustments, and the problems that remain after that are minor enough or infrequent enough that the game is still enjoyable. Is it frustrating when my top-ranked run defense gives up 150 yards and 2 TDs in one game? Yea, but it happens in real life too, so it's hard to get too upset about it.
But what you have to understand is maybe we want more in a football simulation than you do. I want the real X's O's, I want gameplaning, I want deception. Madden is none of the above.

So you can call it nitpicking but I do watch replays almost after every play. And when I see the reason I can't run is because my LT and LG refuse to block anyone on a simple stretch play instead of getting stuffed due to better play calling or athleticism, I will have a big problem and the game is not worth my time. Again, we just want more out of a simulation football game then you do.
__________________
"NFL/EA/2ksports, caused the worst generation of football gaming ever."

6.1.10
alliance4g63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #208
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

It will probably never get fixed anytime in the near future because 80% of the Madden playing base don't ever watch anything O-Line related or could even name 3 o-linemen in the NFL.

It's a shame too. Blocking is where your offense success comes from. Maddenball doesn't recognize that, it only recognizes the star power and speed.

And the average gamer that Madden markets too only cares about that too.

Until they make line play at least somewhat realistic, or build an excellent in-depth franchise (like HC 09) than I will hold my $60.
__________________
Creator of the Tecmo Super Bowl: Football Legends Simulation. Learn more here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Uko88JmSFInNuB
MrNFL_FanIQ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Top -