Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #225
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Oct 2003
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
what part of the phrase..."may or may not be doctored" confused you? I never claimed those videos have been doctored. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched them, nor will I. But its too easy for someone to change ratings then show a play from the game to try and "bash" the game, and show off "false exploits". Its happened before, which is why I don't watch youtube exploit videos, or any of them for that matter.

And I haven't seen the issue of my kicker/punter playing the OL as well as real OL, nor have I seen CB's playing receiver and running routes as well as the best receivers, nor have I seen WR's playing as DB's. Haven't happened yet in my game, I don't intend to do any of these, so no its not an issue for me.

And if you think that I give a damn as to whether or not you find my opinions credible, well sir, you'd be lying to yourself...because I don't.
The issue isn't whether you would put kickers or punters in at OL, CB at WR (or vice versa) or any other position out of place - I wouldn't either. The point is that these examples demonstrate that the ratings for the actual positions don't matter. If my LT does roughly the same job whether he is rated 65 or 95, or my WR runs the same route whether his route running ability is 65 or 95, there is a problem. Granted, if one is playing online, this is probably not much of an issue. But for me, who only plays offline franchise, this is huge. Why bother scouting thoroughly and carefully drafting players if there is no true difference? That's the point here. Out of position players just prove the point (albeit to an extreme).
GlennN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #226
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
what part of the phrase..."may or may not be doctored" confused you? I never claimed those videos have been doctored. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched them, nor will I. But its too easy for someone to change ratings then show a play from the game to try and "bash" the game, and show off "false exploits". Its happened before, which is why I don't watch youtube exploit videos, or any of them for that matter.

And I haven't seen the issue of my kicker/punter playing the OL as well as real OL, nor have I seen CB's playing receiver and running routes as well as the best receivers, nor have I seen WR's playing as DB's. Haven't happened yet in my game, I don't intend to do any of these, so no its not an issue for me.

And if you think that I give a damn as to whether or not you find my opinions credible, well sir, you'd be lying to yourself...because I don't.
With all due respect, I believe you, but I have seen this twice already. I like madden 10, but watching the punter play as a guard sucks ***. This little things like a punter playing as a OLineman really takes the fun experience out of the game.
michigan21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #227
Rookie
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Oct 2006
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Yea, this is something I try to ignore, but pretty much knew from Head Coach and previous Maddens if my memory serves me right. I wish the developers would address this issue sometime this millennium. I cant understand why they continuously ignore it..Its not a gamebreaker for me, and I try to build my team without taking advantage of the screwed up line play, but it be nice to know that the money you threw at the big time LT was put to use correctly.
__________________
Follow me on http://twitter.com/Alligator_Blood
morieeel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #228
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
The issue isn't whether you would put kickers or punters in at OL, CB at WR (or vice versa) or any other position out of place - I wouldn't either. The point is that these examples demonstrate that the ratings for the actual positions don't matter. If my LT does roughly the same job whether he is rated 65 or 95, or my WR runs the same route whether his route running ability is 65 or 95, there is a problem. Granted, if one is playing online, this is probably not much of an issue. But for me, who only plays offline franchise, this is huge. Why bother scouting thoroughly and carefully drafting players if there is no true difference? That's the point here. Out of position players just prove the point (albeit to an extreme).
I understand the issue thats being presented, but again, its a non-issue for me as I haven't seen this happen in any of the games I've played. And I disagree that the OL ratings don't matter, as I can tell a difference in the Chiefs offensive line vs the Broncos vs the Texans, vs the Chargers and so on and so forth.

When LT rushes for damn near 200 yards in my first game, and the Chargers top the 230 mark for the game, and then the very next game I hold Larry Johnson to 30 some odd yards and the Chiefs to 50 as a whole, I believe that has to do with the OL and its ratings, as well as the running backs, as well as my defense and so on.

I can also tell a difference when my OL is trying to stop Elvis Dumervil, Mario Williams, vs an average defensive lineman. Dumervil racked me up for 3 sacks alone, whereas I went the entire game against the Chiefs without being sacked. That, plus what I was able to accmplish in the running game of varying games leads me to the opinion that OL ratings matter in regards vs DL ratings.

Obviously, that is my opinion as that is what I'm experiencing. Others see it differently, but you know they can only share their experience as well with what they see.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #229
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2004
big country boy- to be fair to you and to everyone else, who really knows what role ratings sliders and settings all play in what we see in front of us.
PhillyJim76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #230
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
big country boy- to be fair to you and to everyone else, who really knows what role ratings sliders and settings all play in what we see in front of us.
Agreed, which I was state that its my opinion that what is causing the differences of success/failure in my games are the ratings. The only thing I know for its not the slider adjustments I've made because I don't make any....lol...
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-02-2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: cleaning up grammar :)
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #231
Banned
 
sois's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Nov 2007
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Agreed, which I was state that its my opinion that what is causing the differences of success/failure in my games are the ratings. The only thing I know for its not the slider adjustments I've made because I don't make any....lol...
If the devs acknowledged this issue and tweaked (or overhauled) the system for M11, would you care either way? I just want to know what your major problem is here with our case. You would still buy M11 correct?

You seem to think that just because you don't see it, it invalidates the rest of us.
sois is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #232
Ready to chase #12
 
countryboy's Arena
 
OVR: 62
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Greenville, IN
Posts: 46,882
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
If the devs acknowledged this issue and tweaked (or overhauled) the system for M11, would you care either way? I just want to know what your major problem is here with our case. You would still buy M11 correct?

You seem to think that just because you don't see it, it invalidates the rest of us.
What in the hell are you talking about? Where have I ever stated that I have a problem with your case? Don't make me out as some agenda seeker or the problem simply because I am not seeing some of the same issues that others are or because I share a difference of opinion when it comes to the ratings.

And where have I ever hinted at the idea of invalidating everyone else's claim? I even wrote that all I can do is share my experience from what I'm seeing just as others are doing. Where am I invalidating anyone else's opinion? Where did I ever say that your opinion is wrong? Where did I ever insult you or take a jab at you for your opinion?

If you can't discuss my difference of opinion without resorting to insults or this type of nonsense then, as I said before, do not respond to my posts.
__________________
I can't shave with my eyes closed. Meaning each day, I have to look at myself in the mirror and respect who I see.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
countryboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Top -