Home

Old 10-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #233
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What in the hell are you talking about? Where have I ever stated that I have a problem with your case? Don't make me out as some agenda seeker or the problem simply because I am not seeing some of the same issues that others are or because I share a difference of opinion when it comes to the ratings.

And where have I ever hinted at the idea of invalidating everyone else's claim? I even wrote that all I can do is share my experience from what I'm seeing just as others are doing. Where am I invalidating anyone else's opinion? Where did I ever say that your opinion is wrong? Where did I ever insult you or take a jab at you for your opinion?

If you can't discuss my difference of opinion without resorting to insults or this type of nonsense then, as I said before, do not respond to my posts.
I didn't insult you. I am questioning your tactics. You say you are sharing your opinion, however you refuse to acknowledge anyone else's opinion, I.E. video in my sig.

What is the point of debate when you refuse to listen to the other side?

Also, you keep saying opinion, opinion, opinion. We are discussing FACTS. The ratings don't work. Show me a proof of an all star defensive line dominating a bunch of scrub OL. I haven't seen it yet in my many years of playing Madden.

Let's leave the opinions out here. We are talking about hard proof of ratings failure and we want it addressed and fixed.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #234
Banned

sois's Arena

Icon1 Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soodmeg
Alright guys here something that I dont get. Ian Cummings just popped into a thread I made about why Madden cant be completely overhauled in a year like other sports game are able to do.

Out of all the threads on these boards that are directly asking questions that only he can really answer he chooses my thread to seemingly just to say a vague, slightly insulting joke.

Its nice to see he still browses the board but how about answering some questions here.
Here's something interesting in his post on that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
lI don't answer every question in these threads, but I do try to correct people if they are spreading mis-information.

I guess the facts in this thread are true. If not, he would be here correcting us for spreading this bad information.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #235
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
I didn't insult you. I am questioning your tactics. You say you are sharing your opinion, however you refuse to acknowledge anyone else's opinion, I.E. video in my sig.

What is the point of debate when you refuse to listen to the other side?

Also, you keep saying opinion, opinion, opinion. We are discussing FACTS. The ratings don't work. Show me a proof of an all star defensive line dominating a bunch of scrub OL. I haven't seen it yet in my many years of playing Madden.

Let's leave the opinions out here. We are talking about hard proof of ratings failure and we want it addressed and fixed.
So saying that I must "play Madden with my eyes closed" isn't insulting my intelligence of how I perceive the game? Ok, whatever.

And if the facts were the ratings don't matter, then how do you explain being able to rush ball effectively and/or have time to throw in the pocket one game vs a team with an average defensive line, and then not be able to run the ball and/or have to resort to 3 step drop passes in the other because your offensive line can't keep the ends off of you?

And I have acknowledged your opinion. No I haven't watched the video but I'm not discrediting what you are saying either. You say the ratings don't matter due to a video that you've seen, and what you've experienced first hand when playing the game. I have provided the reasons as to why I feel that ratings do matter.

And I don't have a video of a DL dominating an average OL in my videos right now, but the moment I do, I'll be sure to share with you and claim it as fact, since it happened.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #236
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
And if the facts were the ratings don't matter, then how do you explain being able to rush ball effectively and/or have time to throw in the pocket one game vs a team with an average defensive line, and then not be able to run the ball and/or have to resort to 3 step drop passes in the other because your offensive line can't keep the ends off of you?
The ends don't justify the means. You want to know how I explain being able to run the ball effectively? Heavy doses of suction blocking and morphing. It's irritating to have your LB in correct position only to have a center slide over and negate him from the play.

I used to "resort" to three step drops when playing "tough" defensive fronts. I would convince myself that "hey, I'm playing the stealers, I better make quick reads and I won't even think about running the ball against that dominating front seven". But in reality, it was all in my head.

Once I actually noticed Eric freakin' Ghiaciuc was blocking Casey Hampton straight up every single play, I gave up the dream.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #237
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
The ends don't justify the means. You want to know how I explain being able to run the ball effectively? Heavy doses of suction blocking and morphing. It's irritating to have your LB in correct position only to have a center slide over and negate him from the play.
So everytime you run the ball, its an effective run? The DL never stops you for no to minimal gain? You've never been hit in the backfield?

Quote:
I used to "resort" to three step drops when playing "tough" defensive fronts. I would convince myself that "hey, I'm playing the stealers, I better make quick reads and I won't even think about running the ball against that dominating front seven". But in reality, it was all in my head.

Once I actually noticed Eric freakin' Ghiaciuc was blocking Casey Hampton straight up every single play, I gave up the dream.
So you've never been sacked? Never had the DL breakthru and sack you in the backfield? You've always had ample amount of time to throw the football?

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
So saying that I must "play Madden with my eyes closed" isn't insulting my intelligence of how I perceive the game? Ok, whatever.

Counrty - You are missing the point on the post of how this whole thread began. The ratings effectively dont matter - They may over a play or even a couple of plays in terms of outcomes. But over the course of an entire game, season or franchise, 12 rated OL will have no statistical difference in a teams production than 99 rated OL.. I have tested this over several seasons, games, etc and all offensive statistics show no correlation to OL ratings..

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #239
Banned

sois's Arena

Quote:
So everytime you run the ball, its an effective run? The DL never stops you for no to minimal gain? You've never been hit in the backfield?

So you've never been sacked? Never had the DL breakthru and sack you in the backfield? You've always had ample amount of time to throw the football?
Yes, those things happen all the time, but that is a different argument. Usually my plays were blown up because my linemen started spinning in circles or ignored the defender immediately in front of them to attack the safety.

I have a MAJOR issue with that as well, but that is straying from the ratings. That is AI logic programming. Nothing to do with ratings. I can show you many videos where this happens, but of course, you refuse to acknowledge cold hard facts.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #240
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Counrty - You are missing the point on the post of how this whole thread began. The ratings effectively dont matter - They may over a play or even a couple of plays in terms of outcomes. But over the course of an entire game, season or franchise, 12 rated OL will have no statistical difference in a teams production than 99 rated OL.. I have tested this over several seasons, games, etc and all offensive statistics show no correlation to OL ratings..
I understand the point of the post.

Have you ever had a game where the defense has completely shut you down or that you've been able to shut down someone's offense?

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »