Home

Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #241
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yes, those things happen all the time, but that is a different argument. Usually my plays were blown up because my linemen started spinning in circles or ignored the defender immediately in front of them to attack the safety.

I have a MAJOR issue with that as well, but that is straying from the ratings. That is AI logic programming. Nothing to do with ratings. I can show you many videos where this happens, but of course, you refuse to acknowledge cold hard facts.
Ok then...let me ask you this...

1st game vs the Chargers I allowed 230 some odd yards of rushing.

2nd game vs the Chiefs I only allowed 50 some odd yards of rushing.

Number of rushes in each game was essentially the same. How does that happen?

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I understand the point of the post.

Have you ever had a game where the defense has completely shut you down or that you've been able to shut down someone's offense?
Yea man -- Several...

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #243
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

To keep this on topic, I will reference an earlier post I made. One of the ratings that matters in the game heavily is SPEED. The Chargers backs are better and faster than the Chiefs backs.

Throw in some poorly executed Pro-Tak code, massive doses of suction and a fluke big run and that (possibly) explains your example.

However, there is really no value in discussing two data points. You are talking about two games. Not a big deal in the big picture, and certainly not relevant to the thread.

Ratings like strength and weight of your OL vs the DL didn't matter. I'm pretty confident of that. I've seen enough footage and played enough games to firmly believe that.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Again these are varabilities in game to game -- Statistics are not significant over a small sample set.. But let me ask you this -- Those same games what would be your guess if you replaced your entire OL with little league kids? Or OL with ratings of 12 - Would you expect a change? I would hope you would say yes, but if you play them out it wont. Those same variabilities occur no matter what - but over the course of many games, seasons, etc they tend to level out. But you would expect huge huge differences if 12 rated players were playing verus 100..

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 2

A good way of showing that ratings are not 100% accurate is the fact that I am in my second season with the Colts in an offline Franchise. I drafted a running back in the 5th round with 96 speed and an over all rating of 55, yet he has out gained Addai who is rated 85 ovr with the same amount of carries. The only rating that matters is speed, just like all the other Maddens. I'm sure QB rating matters but other than that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also I have one of the best DE tandoms in the league and can't get pressure on the QB at all without blitzing, and then it's usually because the O lineman misses his block to pick up a blitzer. And that doesn't happen 90% of the time.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #247
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
To keep this on topic, I will reference an earlier post I made. One of the ratings that matters in the game heavily is SPEED. The Chargers backs are better and faster than the Chiefs backs.

Throw in some poorly executed Pro-Tak code, massive doses of suction and a fluke big run and that (possibly) explains your example.
So, speed of the backs is how those gaping holes opened up for LT and allowed him to reach the 2nd level of the defense? And lack of speed is the reason those gaping holes were closed and I was able to hit him several times right at the line or in the backfield?

Or is it just pre-determined programming you feel?

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #248
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Again these are varabilities in game to game -- Statistics are not significant over a small sample set.. But let me ask you this -- Those same games what would be your guess if you replaced your entire OL with little league kids? Or OL with ratings of 12 - Would you expect a change? I would hope you would say yes, but if you play them out it wont. Those same variabilities occur no matter what - but over the course of many games, seasons, etc they tend to level out. But you would expect huge huge differences if 12 rated players were playing verus 100..
Given your response to the defensive shutdown question I asked you and this post, is it your opinion/thought that the game predetermines when a DL is going to dominate an OL or vice versa since OL ratings have no effect?

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »