Home

Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Maybe you haven't personally, but the video in your signature is the video I was referring to. I guess you aren't the author of that, then.

That said, I have no reason to put kickers and receivers on the offensive line, and having logged plenty of time with this game I'm having no problems getting pressure as-is (or with ratings working as expected in general), so I will politely decline to go down that road and continue on enjoying the game.
Hey Chris -- I didnt do any of that -- Just lowered the ratings of all OL to the minimum to see if it made a difference. After several tests it did not ... The ratings for OL/DL really dont matter. Try it -- No slider adjustments, no tweaks or substitutions or anything. Just measure results of a all 99 rated OL and the same results of an all 12 rated OL.. You will find no difference statistically in the results..

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #298
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You mentioned earlier you didn't use sliders. I use sliders and I don't see the CPU substitute in any of those positions. It's all about the sub in/sub out sliders and fatigue sliders for offline players.

I respect the fact that it happens when you don't use sliders, but it can be fixed with the right combination of sliders as well.
I have used the sub in/out sliders, but that doesn't address the fact that the ratings don't matter. All that does is keep the proper personnel on the field.

jwhite's post directly above is the critical issue. The ratings don't matter. Just test it out like he says. Lower your lineman ratings. They will play the same.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #299
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Exactly. Or sign 5 punters and put them at o-line and see that you can still run or pass as if they were your normal line. It simply ruins franchise for me knowing i can sign anyone, if I chose to, and have an o-line as if I signed a top f/a.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #300
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
he is making jokes on his twitter account about all of us and the anger that we have towards the game. isnt that nice?
Really? Wow. But I guess we're supposed to believe he's "just like us", etc., huh?

Well, good job by him I suppose--getting the faithful all pumped up probably got a few more sales. The suits must be proud.

But you know, we're supposed to be the ones giving him the benefit of the doubt and all.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #301
Banned

OVR: 49

I am blown away. I tried this and it is true. I made no changes in sliders and put the game on pro. Sure enough, ratings meant nothing.

Are you guys so blind to not see whats going on here? We have been bamboozled AGAIN! How else can you view this?

To all the people who say, I dont care, Im just going to ignore it and enjoy the game-that sounds like a you might be a red neck joke. For example:

You might be a Madden fanboy if you purposely ignore its 100 flaws, to enjoy the game.

Im serious people, wake up. I dont wanna be going back to NFL 2k5 another year. I dont even want to have to bring up 2k5 another year. Its crazy.

Play a game of NBA 2k10(the demo) and then play a game on the xbox nba 2k5. The changes are incredible. Now play NFL 2k5, and then Madden 2010. The game has gone backwards, in almost every area. Even graphics can be debated as madden animations are horrible, despite there many more pixels and poloygons(and HD).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #302
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

IMO, this is the biggest flaw, gripe, etc in the game. I now wonder how many versions have we bought and had it go un-noticed.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #303
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
IMO, this is the biggest flaw, gripe, etc in the game. I now wonder how many versions have we bought and had it go un-noticed.
I think it's one of those things you always kinda wondered about, but never really thought it was as bad as it seems. It seems that many of us were into "pretending" there was a difference in elite vs scrub. I know I would "try harder" if I had a Julius Peppers on my team versus some scrubby DL.

Lately with all of this truth chasing that has been going on + interaction with EA devs, it has only become a fixable issue recently. Since this is the most important part of football, it should be the most important issue for M11 or the M10 patch, if possible.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #304
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Admittedly I've only read the first post of this thread and watched the video with a similar complaint in a different post...

This to me seems like a product of the sliders than anything else; they are heavily jacked in the CPU's favor, and they actually work this year (try lowering QB accuracy to zero, for example; you'll make real-life Jamarcus Russell look like HoF quality on that setting)...

Bottom line, there isn't a pass-rush problem, or ratings problem, so far as I can tell. I'm sorry that not getting a pass rush on a difficulty setting so heavily jacked into the CPU's favor has ruined the game for you.
Kroniq, I can understand why you're confused and don't understand what all the complaining is about. By your own admission you've only read the first post and watched the video. It's not ratings across the board. It's the OLINE and DLINE ratings. They mean nothing.

And it's not an issue of having the sliders favor the cpu either. I've done a number of tests where I control the team with 25 OVR rated olinemen against the cpu 99 OVR rated dlinement. Then next game I control the 99 OVR rated dlinemen and against the cpu 25 OVR rated olinemen. Other tests include me using a team of 99 OVR rated olinemen against 25 rated cpu rated dlinemen. Then test with me using the 25 rated dlinemen against the cpu 99 oVR rated olinemen. There was absolutely no difference in the way the game played. That to me is the biggest issue.

Just trying to clarify.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »