Home

Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #305
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

if guys are putting OL at ridiculously low numbers vs DL with extremely inflated ratings then that tells me that the game has a rating floor. And I would think it would so that it doesn't randomly assign an incoming rookie a ridiculously low rating at anyone given position.

And I'm going to guess that this is the reason as well for why kickers and punters have success on the OL. It seems that the game has a set rating floor for anyone that plays the OL position, whether it be an OL, TE, WR, K, P, QB, etc....

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #306
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I am blown away. I tried this and it is true. I made no changes in sliders and put the game on pro. Sure enough, ratings meant nothing.

Are you guys so blind to not see whats going on here? We have been bamboozled AGAIN! How else can you view this?

To all the people who say, I dont care, Im just going to ignore it and enjoy the game-that sounds like a you might be a red neck joke. For example:

You might be a Madden fanboy if you purposely ignore its 100 flaws, to enjoy the game.

Im serious people, wake up. I dont wanna be going back to NFL 2k5 another year. I dont even want to have to bring up 2k5 another year. Its crazy.

Play a game of NBA 2k10(the demo) and then play a game on the xbox nba 2k5. The changes are incredible. Now play NFL 2k5, and then Madden 2010. The game has gone backwards, in almost every area. Even graphics can be debated as madden animations are horrible, despite there many more pixels and poloygons(and HD).
So you only play games that are flawless and have no bugs/glitches? You've never played a game and looked past its shortcomings and enjoyed it despite those?

And please don't use the cop out line that "yes I have but games I play don't have this many faults...blah...blah...blah.." A major bug/glitch to you may be minor to someone else.

And how can Madden go backwards from 2k5? Using your comparison instructions there, shouldn't one play a game of NBA 2k10 demo and then of NBA 2k5 to the see the improvements and then play Madden 10 ane then play Madden 2005 to see the improvements? Or are you just trying to pass over the same crap thats spread all the time that Madden is worse than 2k5 blah...blah...blah...yeah, thanks, we've heard it before.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-03-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #307
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
if guys are putting OL at ridiculously low numbers vs DL with extremely inflated ratings then that tells me that the game has a rating floor. And I would think it would so that it doesn't randomly assign an incoming rookie a ridiculously low rating at anyone given position.

And I'm going to guess that this is the reason as well for why kickers and punters have success on the OL. It seems that the game has a set rating floor for anyone that plays the OL position, whether it be an OL, TE, WR, K, P, QB, etc....
So in theory, it should be easy to remove the floor or significantly drop it, correct?

Right now, you don't even need to concern yourself with OL quality. That really sucks for franchise folks.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #308
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
So in theory, it should be easy to remove the floor or significantly drop it, correct?
I guess, but I have no idea..I'm not a game developer/programmer.

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #309
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
he is making jokes on his twitter account about all of us and the anger that we have towards the game. isnt that nice?
taking that helicopter joke personal huh?

YOU MAD?

HELLO BROOKYLN.
All Black Everything
Old 10-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #310
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I guess, but I have no idea..I'm not a game developer/programmer.
There is no better time for Ian to chime in than now, eh?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #311
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
he is making jokes on his twitter account about all of us and the anger that we have towards the game. isnt that nice?
Way to try to spin his comment into something more than it actually is.

His comment:

Quote:
Uh, the chopper is STILL circling. It's either a) a serious manhunt, b) guys from OS (@MillenniumOS says so), or c) The Troof Chasers.

9:12 PM Oct 1st from web

A chopper has been circling over my house for going on 30 minutes. Just locked doors.
8:24 PM Oct 1st from web
Next time how about posting what was actually said instead of broadening the comment.

I miss the old OS

Louisville|Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #312
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Maybe there is a way to find a "work around" for this problem....???

I've stumbled onto something in all my endless slider testing that may give us some help if we can figure out the right setting...???

I realized that all the sub slider tweaking everyone does, does not work the way many think it does. The sub sliders seem to work more within the overall slider setting that is the outcome of where u put the sub slider....

For example..... put the cpu pass defense at all 100's.

If I put my QB accuracy at a low number, like 20, and my Catching at a low number like 20, but put my Pass Blocking up to 100..... the cpu defenders get instant pressure no matter who is blocking them.....
If I then go in and change QB accuracy and Catching to 100 like my Pass Blocking...... then all of a sudden my O-Line can block again.........??????

WTF.....??? What does my QB accuracy and Catching have to do with Pass Blocking.....???

It seems the game adjusts itself way more to the overall value of your slider... not the induvidual sub sliders as much... or this would be impossible to have happen..... 100 Pass blocking for the human should be 100 pass blocking...... but its not.....

This is actually very important, because I've seen so many people say things like "Just bump up your Pass rush a few points to help get more sacks."....... We must be very careful in doing so, because if those few points take you up or down to the next overall slider value, it could change your entire pass defense as a whole a lot more than people realize.

Anyway, to the main point of this kicker / punter blocking crap.... maybe we can find a good slider adjustment that would help differentiate the scrubs and the elite O-Linemen more, by keeping this overall slider setting meaning so much in mind....???

Personally.... I doubt it.... but I have to try..... this is so ******** that it's become a deal breaker for me. I mostly play off line franchise and some multi-player franchise with buddies, and I want good O-Linemen to be as important as they are in real life, as they should........ just ask Aaron Rodgers...........lol.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »