Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #313
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Has anyone tried lowering the Kicker or Punters strength to see if that's causing the issue?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Way to try to spin his comment into something more than it actually is. Next time how about posting what was actually said instead of broadening the comment.
You know, I'm not really sure, why if you are so happy with the game, you need to try and tell other people who are posting legitimate issues that they are wrong (simply on the basis of two games you played vs. SD & KC). You spent your $65 and obviously are happy with what you spent your money on.

I said he was posting jokes on his twitter account based on the anger people have here for the game. There was nothing incorrect about what I said. It annoys me that you couldn't find enough time to read all the information coming out about this game pre-release, and now, we have nothing. To make it worse, I get the impression that we who bought the game and who aren't happy with it are being looked down at and made fun of by Ian and Co.

Don't tell me I have to thank them for making a great game. I said before, which you took issue with, that they were utterly incompetent. Blue squares on helmets, Bengals facts for everyone....the more I read, the more that statement is true. Yes, the game is, graphics wise very nice. But that's it. You put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

Every year I look forward to picking up a copy of the new Madden and enjoying its franchise mode. This year I don't, and I'm annoyed. I think I should be allowed to express that annoyance.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #315
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyJim76
You know, I'm not really sure, why if you are so happy with the game, you need to try and tell other people who are posting legitimate issues that they are wrong (simply on the basis of two games you played vs. SD & KC). You spent your $65 and obviously are happy with what you spent your money on.
Where did I tell anyone they were wrong? I've been discussing this issue my from point of view. If me having a different point of view on the subject means that I'm telling people they are wrong, then I don't know what to say. And I've played more than two games my friend, maybe you should go back and re-read all that was written by myself in this thread.

Quote:
I said he was posting jokes on his twitter account based on the anger people have here for the game. There was nothing incorrect about what I said.
maybe you missed this part then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillenniumOS on twitter
@ian_cummings I would actually make sure that chopper doesn't have an OS logo on the side first...
8:24 PM Oct 1st from TweetDeck in reply to ian_cummings
That was written in response to Ian when he first mentioned a chopper over his house. So yes, he was making a joke, but your post was so broad that people could've, and probably did, take that to mean a whole lot more than it did.

Quote:
Don't tell me I have to thank them for making a great game. I said before, which you took issue with, that they were utterly incompetent. Blue squares on helmets, Bengals facts for everyone....the more I read, the more that statement is true. Yes, the game is, graphics wise very nice. But that's it. You put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.
I didn't tell you that you have to thank them.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #316
Pro

OVR: 10

I want to make a big write up on this but cant be bothered.

I think ratings are moving towards being a thing of the past and NBA Live has picked up where the future is at.

And the future being Player characteristics and tendencies.

Obviously they still use stats (not sure how they implement them with tendencies and all that stuff though)
Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #317
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I said he was posting jokes on his twitter account based on the anger people have here for the game. There was nothing incorrect about what I said. It annoys me that you couldn't find enough time to read all the information coming out about this game pre-release, and now, we have nothing. To make it worse, I get the impression that we who bought the game and who aren't happy with it are being looked down at and made fun of by Ian and Co.

Every year I look forward to picking up a copy of the new Madden and enjoying its franchise mode. This year I don't, and I'm annoyed. I think I should be allowed to express that annoyance.
It's a two way street, though as well. This forum is big enough for both sides to co-exist. It doesn't help matters when either side says they are right and it's all fact. One side says , go home, enjoy your game and the other side says , I can overcome the issues.

It's good that people can post constructive criticism instead of calling out the developers as incompetent. That leads this place to no where. I enjoy constructive criticism with any game as long as it's not personal. Without constructive criticism from us, there would be certain areas in the game that wouldn't get fixed.

It's my opinion both sides should be able to get along with one another. Otherwise, it would turn into either a all encompassing love fest with Madden forum or a Negative Nelly forum.

How depressing would that be?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #318
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

There is no point in bothering really. Ive been on OS since the first year it was up in the late 90's, and I cant remember any other time when there is so much fanboyism and anger towards anyone who states a FACT about a game. I have personally played two games where the punter played guard against grady jackson and dominated!! The origin of this thread was ratings not mattering. I have to agree with that premise. Now up until that point, i enjoyed 10, but small problems with ratings become big issues.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #319
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So you only play games that are flawless and have no bugs/glitches? You've never played a game and looked past its shortcomings and enjoyed it despite those?

And please don't use the cop out line that "yes I have but games I play don't have this many faults...blah...blah...blah.." A major bug/glitch to you may be minor to someone else.

And how can Madden go backwards from 2k5? Using your comparison instructions there, shouldn't one play a game of NBA 2k10 demo and then of NBA 2k5 to the see the improvements and then play Madden 10 ane then play Madden 2005 to see the improvements? Or are you just trying to pass over the same crap thats spread all the time that Madden is worse than 2k5 blah...blah...blah...yeah, thanks, we've heard it before.
Actually my post was a attempt to draw out a Madden fanboy, who cant see whats right in front of his face, and make him defend Madden to no end.........looks like I found my pigeon!

Its extremely amusing reading your posts that are against any person who writes something negative on your beloved game. I guess everyone in this thread is wrong, and you just happen to be the right one. How convenient for you.

Last edited by wheelman990; 10-04-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #320
Banned

OVR: 49

Very satisfied, thanks for asking Countryboy

However, I really wish you hadnt deleted your post. To anyone who didnt get to read it, he admitted he thought the game was perfect the way it was, and was I satisfied he admitted it. Im sure he will say he was being sarcastic, but we both know that wasnt true.

Dont worry, you didnt tell me anything I didnt already know. Im as far away from being a fanboy as it gets. I buy Madden year after year hoping to throw 2k5 in the trash. I hate having to have a xbox hooked up to a older 32" TV, just to play a NFL football game worth playing. I have one game on the xbox, so you can see, its not convenient at all.

When someone points out that a games rating system means nothing, its hard to argue its not broken. Specially when its a football game that are built around ratings, until a better system is released.

For goodness sakes, theres no need to slam EA, but there is a need to be honest and point out these monsterous flaws in the game.

There maybe a few trolls around here who just hate EA, but I can assure you 98% of the people who talk about the negative issues on Madden just want a good game.

Last edited by wheelman990; 10-04-2009 at 02:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »