Home

Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

When it comes to all that was listed on this page about the shoulda, coulda, woulda's, my stance is this:

-they work for a sh*tty company with insane unrealistic goals which makes them not care for the product they send out
-they don't have the talent or vision to make the football game we want
-the game engines or coding is so screwed up that for them to give us the game we want they would have to TRUELY start from scratch, and corporate aint having that.

I think it could be one of those reasons but IMHO, I think it is all. They know how screwed up the game is. The developers being here was all PR. I laugh at it now because I didn't fall for it. But it is really sad that we may not get a true good representation of the sport in videogame form for quite a while.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #362
Pro

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Good point Country - I am building a fantasy team with the Easter Bunny at QB and my shut down corner is the Tooth Fairy...
I'm guessing Baby Newyear is your MLB, Jack Olantern is your Free Safety and Santa Claus is your star Defensive tackle.

You should trade someone for Peter Pan.

I heard he was one of the best WRs in the league last season. People say that when he jumps he never comes down.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 10-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #363
Banned

OVR: 1

I didn't real this thread so sorry if this has been stated already.

While waiting for the patch, I've been playing Madden Moments. I was doing one Moment that I just couldn't beat, it was driving me nuts..... so I had to cheat. Its the AFL one with The Boston Patriots down 31-10 to the Chargers and you have to come back.

Anyway, I changed the speed ratings of players, and while it made a diference, it didn't make a difference like you would expect in some aspects. Lowering the SD CBs to 12, my WRs can easily beat them as expected. But when i chaged the SD WRs to 30 speed (I couldn't lower them to 12 or they walk to the line too slow and causes a delay of game) they were still completing a lot of catches against my 99 speed CBs..... how is that even possible? But what really jumped out at me was the speed burst the WRs would get. I've seen other people mention this as well, but its exaggerated bigtime when the WRs are 30 speed.
The WR will look like hes running in mud with cement shoes then as the QB throws it he looks like hes being shot out of a cannon and hes suddenly wide open. Ridiculous!

When I first read this thread I thought I was done with Madden. Even though nothing I read about the OL ws really that surprising to me, I never really thought ratings meant much. SPEED has always been the key rating. But I tried to over look it and decided I would wait for the patches to come out and start a franchise. But when I see things described above its really giving me second thoughts.
I didn't buy madden last year for the first time ever, and this year I bought into the pre-release hype. Never again! I wish people wouldn't be so short minded and realize we are lied to ever year..... EVERY YEAR. Go back and read info about previous Madden versions before they are released and you will read the same crap over and over. I could give plenty of examples on what we've been lied to about for years, but I don't think I need to.

EA needs to find new developers.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #364
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Missile
The WR will look like hes running in mud with cement shoes then as the QB throws it he looks like hes being shot out of a cannon and hes suddenly wide open. Ridiculous!
Too funny! Almost worth trying it...

www.timeRAZOR.com
Old 10-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #365
Rookie

Has anyone heard if anything on the ratings are going to be addressed in the upcoming patch?

www.timeRAZOR.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #366
Banned

Is it just me, or is EA staying as far away from this issue as possible? I mean it's only one of the most glaring issues I have ever seen with a video game, especially one that is supposed to be a sim. This is getting old.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #367
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Is it just me, or is EA staying as far away from this issue as possible? I mean it's only one of the most glaring issues I have ever seen with a video game, especially one that is supposed to be a sim. This is getting old.

These types of experiments really expose the code's failures, I mean why ever spend money or high picks on OL, for example, if it matters little in their performance?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #368
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
These types of experiments really expose the code's failures, I mean why ever spend money or high picks on OL, for example, if it matters little in their performance?
So true -- I dont even bother any more.

www.timeRAZOR.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »