Home

Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #385
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Missile
I'm 34 and have been playing madden since 92 (skipped last year though). I'm also mostly a football fan, its by far my favorite sport. I don't play many video games.... throughout the years madden has been a constant for me. Although i do play some online shooters from time to time also. Most of my gaming time the last decade has been playing madden I'd say. (I don't like other sports games either)
I've probably spend hours on forums over the years b!tching about madden also! Its a love/hate relationship. I've always thought it could be so much better..... I just see sooooo much potential but EA always finds a way to mess it up. Either bad programming, "fun factor" or game killers like what this thread is describing.....
Its like they got a Ferrari but fuel it with peanut butter. Sorry but thats how I've seen it for years now.

I'm always hoping EA is like a bad football team (Like early 90s Patriots), you suffer though a lot of bad years, but some day it all comes together and you get a winner.....
I'm just going to have to have patients and keep waiting

I never got the chance to play 2k5, I actually bought it a few weeks ago for $1, only to find out my PS3 isn't backwards compatible..... lol
Sadly, this is how I get my football fix every year. I listen to the devs talk about changes, I'm skeptical(even though this year I bought into all the hype)but I try to give madden a chance. I attempt to force myself to enjoy it until I just can't ignore the truth and then venture to the forums to b!tch and complain about the fact that again, there's no quality football game on the market that's available for me to purchase.

I honestly don't know why Peter Moore or whoever is in charge doesn't cut ties with Tiburon. The exclusive license isn't helping them, sales are down. Being the only football game on the market only ensures that you'll keep people like you and me as reluctant consumers which is a very small % . Not everyone has to have a football game. Years ago, before I got into football, I used to play basketball video games; however, I wasn't an NBA fan at all but I loved to play my friends. If the there weren't any good basketball games out on the market, I would've simply not bought a basketball game that year. That's how a lot of people are, and that's why madden 10's sales are slipping.

It's obvious that the problem wasn't just David Ortiz, but the entire team. Donny Moore, Ian, Josh Looman have all been with Tiburon for a while. To make a simulation football game where ratings make no difference what so ever is inexcusable. Especially after all the crap the talked about stretching the ratings to make the elite players stand out. You can switch you WR corps. with you secondary and not have any drop off in performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #386
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I honestly don't know why Peter Moore or whoever is in charge doesn't cut ties with Tiburon.
Because Tiburon puts out a game that sells 5-6 millions units a year while operating with a minimal overhead (Tiburon doesn't exactly hire the top minds and talent in the video game industry obviously)?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #387
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Because Tiburon puts out a game that sells 5-6 millions units a year while operating with a minimal overhead (Tiburon doesn't exactly hire the top minds and talent in the video game industry obviously)?
Sales have continued to decrease every year since like 2005 or 2006.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #388
Banned

OVR: 4

I've heard most of the development team on Madden are entry level programmers (programmers at Tiburon). And all the money you see used on marketing, exclusive licenses, etc. is money taken away from the development budget.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #389
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
... Especially after all the crap the talked about stretching the ratings to make the elite players stand out. You can switch you WR corps. with you secondary and not have any drop off in performance.
This was my first pre-release clue that something was wrong with the clue. If the solution for making ratings matter is to stretch the ratings then something is fundamentally wrong with the underlying code. I don't understand why many people didn't get this when this idea was broached as the panacea. Instead, all I read was, "hell yeah, stretch the ratings, it's about time, now we'll see a difference between the hall of famers and the scrubs." C'mon people, don't get hoodwinked again.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #390
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Well, good job by him I suppose--getting the faithful all pumped up probably got a few more sales. The suits must be proud.
But as far as a lot of people are concerned he's killing the goose that laid the golden eggs. Sure they'll sell more Madden this year, but they're killing a lot of future sales stone dead.

I haven't bought Madden in the last 5 years. I won't be buying it next year. Or any other year they have the same developer blowing smoke up my arse about the game.

Or as the saying goes:
Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #391
All Star

OVR: 33

I'm gonna buy it every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 AM   #392
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Sadly, never. This has been going on four years.
Four years? Try a decade or more.

I find it pretty humorous that people are suddenly up in arms over the player ratings not meaning anything. Well, many of us have been aware of that for years. All that's ever really mattered in this series is speed. That, and the CPU gets ratings boosts and cheats on the higher levels. And FIFA is programmed the same way, as is EA's NHL series.

I don't find it sad. I find it the way it is and always has been. Do you get sad that Walmart sells running shoes that fall apart after a week? No, you just stop shopping there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »