Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
The keyword form this post was,"attempted".

I am a member of the Hare Club for Men, and can't discuss whether the Easter Bunny is real or not.
The first rule of Hare Club is don't talk about Hare Club.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #34
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

What is the Easter Bunny?

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #35
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
Yes I know and understand both and now with 100% certantity neither matter. You will get Easter Eggs with or without the Easter Bunny and Madden will play the same with or without ratings..

Case in point - So I edited my entire Cowboy OL to all be rated 12 in every category (lowest you can go) -- So basically the level of a ankle biter team. Took them to the practice field and played -- waiting to seem them dominated and fold like a cheap suit. But to my surprise little difference.. Held their own and then some..

Hmm.. Must be a fluke. Lets go play a game against the Giants -- One of the best DL's in the game.. Played exactly the same.. In fact Barber averaged 4.3 ypc! Come on I say.. Well definitely the franchise mode will reveal these little girls to be the phonies a 12 rating has to be..

Nope.. Played one game and similar results and then simmed the season.. Yes Dallas finished 9-7 and Barber averaged 4.4 ypc!

Please tell me the Easter Bunny matters.. Wake me up and tell me all this tweaking, drafting, and aligning my dominant team means something.
Your thread made me curious so I did the same... I dropped every Seahawk offensive lineman to a 12 overall and dropped John Carlson's block ratings down to 0. All of the lineman had a 15 rating in strength. I simmed six games and sure enough, Julius Jones was fifth in the NFL in rushing, averaging 4.5 YPC. Hasselbeck was only sacked 9 times in six games...

Then I actually played a game on All-Madden and Justin Forsett had 18 carries for 102 yards.

So ridiculous. It's official, the only ratings that matter are speed, throw power, throw accuracy and the "sexy" ratings. Nothing else matters. If you want realistic football, Madden just isn't it. I just finally accepted that today. It's horrible but it's the truth.

No more Madden for me. I don't mean that as a threat or an immature comment either. Just an honest comment from a lifelong EA customer. I've just had it with this series. Hopefully exclusivity dies a quick death because the consumer is getting screwed year in and year out with this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #36
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cum_Laude
You know, I feel bad for Ian...here he went out and has kept us gamers WAAAAY more in the loop on the madden thing than normal. He has listened to our gripes and tried to correct them, and all he has gotten is a bunch of people whining and bi***ing to him constantly and calling him out...And you all wonder why he doesn't answer these questions.

Ill bet this is the last madden where we have so much interaction with the creative director...they learned their lesson on this one. Coming out like this trying to help, all he did was put a huge target on his back.

I know it's frustrating, but deal with it!!!
If he can't take the criticism, then maybe he should find a new line of work?

This game has improved, but that really is not saying much! We have proven that offensive lineman do not matter. Their ratings do not matter. Hell, why even try to sign or draft a dominant LT in your franchise if it won't make a difference?

These are things people care about bro...

Ian has done a good job, but this is the nature of the beast. Madden gamers are a cult and we've seen the good and the bad and stuck through EA during all of it, but enough is enough.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #37
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker
Your thread made me curious so I did the same... I dropped every Seahawk offensive lineman to a 12 overall and dropped John Carlson's block ratings down to 0. All of the lineman had a 15 rating in strength. I simmed six games and sure enough, Julius Jones was fifth in the NFL in rushing, averaging 4.5 YPC. Hasselbeck was only sacked 9 times in six games...

Then I actually played a game on All-Madden and Justin Forsett had 18 carries for 102 yards.

So ridiculous. It's official, the only ratings that matter are speed, throw power, throw accuracy and the "sexy" ratings. Nothing else matters. If you want realistic football, Madden just isn't it. I just finally accepted that today. It's horrible but it's the truth.

No more Madden for me. I don't mean that as a threat or an immature comment either. Just an honest comment from a lifelong EA customer. I've just had it with this series. Hopefully exclusivity dies a quick death because the consumer is getting screwed year in and year out with this crap.
Meanwhile, in week 1 of my Raiders franchise, I managed to run for a combined 91 yards on 29 carries between McFadden & Fargas, on custom sliders that are all within a point or 2 of All-Pro. I'd really love to know the secret to running, since apparently I'm doing something wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #38
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

Which level of gameplay are you trying on? Are you using sliders?

Maybe they're also related to the Footwork and Impact Blocking ratings? It is pretty disappointing that you can be so poor in a key rating yet still effective.

I'm very tempted now to try editing one teams HB's to 0 speed and see how they do.

This thread has taken a lot of fun out of scouting for me.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #39
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilonv1
Which level of gameplay are you trying on? Are you using sliders?

Maybe they're also related to the Footwork and Impact Blocking ratings? It is pretty disappointing that you can be so poor in a key rating yet still effective.

I'm very tempted now to try editing one teams HB's to 0 speed and see how they do.

This thread has taken a lot of fun out of scouting for me.
Me too. What's the point of drafting offensive linemen? Seriously, there is NO point. Just sign scrubs off of FA and you have a beast line.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #40
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

For anyone that loves franchise, this essentially ruins the mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »