Home

Old 10-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #401
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

I, for one do not think that I am "programming superior" to the devs or that their job is a piece of cake. I am though, fairly certain that no one held a gun to their heads forcing them to be a dev. and I am positive they get a paycheck for their efforts. Being self-employed myself this is a morality issue. I simply do not mislead my clients, if I do I would get called out. If I got called out and didnt fix the issue I would lose the client, plain and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #402
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't know what you and Dmacho are talking about, I've played with the Vikes a few times and Jared Allen is downright nasty. Against an elite LT he can still get good pressure on the QB and even come away with a sack or two. Against a mediocre LT? It's a feeding frenzy. I played one game where the starting LT got hurt on the first drive and the backup was a 68 OVR. Allen finished the game with 7 total tackles (5 solo + 4 assists), 5 sacks, a FFum, and 12 QB hits.
I have to say I have never seen an elite DE play like that.

My sliders are set for high pass rush also (95) and I've never seen the DE hit the QB 12 times in a game, get 5 sacks and force a fumble. The tackles, yeah, I've seen Ngata do that. I've seen Pryce get 3 sacks in a game, but never all of that all at once, not for or against me.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #403
Banned

OVR: 2

I've actually seen what looked like top play from a D-Lineman once in two seasons.

(Coach mode) my Tommie Harris took over a playoff game in the second half. Beasting on the RG (with low Pass Block Footwork) Tommie had 4 sacks, including a safety. It was vintage TH.

Only time I've ever seen it. And we've played Jared Allen 4 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #404
Banned

But Tommie is a DT.

As for DE's same old problem year-in year-out. Hoped with the touted OL code it would change.

Quite simply the problem is: DE's do not use outside moves.

This is how DE's get sacks DT's can't. The ones that are goood use outside speed that Tacklers can't handle.

Freeney without outside moves isn't Freeney. And that's the problem with DE's in Madden.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #405
Banned

OVR: 4

I think my main issue with "speed" rushing is that when I actually perform a great move to go around a T (usually pressing down on R3) by the time I am getting close to the QB he just flings the ball away. Because he saw me coming out of the back of his helmet!

I don't think my sack numbers are too low, I usually get somewhere between 30 and 40 sacks a year with the Seahawks D-line of Jackson, Kerney, Cole and Mebane... it's just the way the QB get away with grounding the ball over and over... they just need to work on how getting hit affects a QB.... I don't necessarily think a QB needs to "take" more sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #406
Banned

You're talking about YOU using a DE though. What about the other DE? What about the DE's when you're on Offense? Or if you use a different player on D. Or call plays. Humans using a DE is 2% of the game.

They never take a proper outside move. That has always been wrong in any Madden I've played.

Watch Freeney on 10 passing downs in real life, then on Madden. Freeney doesn't just step into the LT like he does on Madden. He's taking outside moves. Using a straight outside speed rush often. Then when the LT overcompensates he fakes outside and makes a move inside off of it.

Madden has never gotten this about pass rushing.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #407
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearlacher1
You're talking about YOU using a DE though. What about the other DE? What about the DE's when you're on Offense? Or if you use a different player on D. Or call plays. Humans using a DE is 2% of the game.

They never take a proper outside move. That has always been wrong in any Madden I've played.

Watch Freeney on 10 passing downs in real life, then on Madden. Freeney doesn't just step into the LT like he does on Madden. He's taking outside moves. Using a straight outside speed rush often. Then when the LT overcompensates he fakes outside and makes a move inside off of it.

Madden has never gotten this about pass rushing.
That's why I almost always use the "rush outside" adjustment. That way they start by curving outward to try to get the edge and then go after the QB. That seems to help them have success. Whenever Pryce has a good game getting after the QB, most of the time, I'm using that adjustment.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #408
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I don't know what you and Dmacho are talking about, I've played with the Vikes a few times and Jared Allen is downright nasty. Against an elite LT he can still get good pressure on the QB and even come away with a sack or two. Against a mediocre LT? It's a feeding frenzy. I played one game where the starting LT got hurt on the first drive and the backup was a 68 OVR. Allen finished the game with 7 total tackles (5 solo + 4 assists), 5 sacks, a FFum, and 12 QB hits.

Unfortunately Favre wasn't playing to hot and I could not get Peterson going on the ground very well, so it was a defensive struggle, I pulled it out 17-14 with a 48 yard FG with 0:35 left in the game.
I don't know what game you're playing but my QB has never been hit by the CPU defense 12 times, and I've never given up 7 sacks. It's been proven that you can put Desean Jackson at LT and still protect the QB just as you can with a pro-bowl LT. I assembled an Oline with WRs and RBs as olinmen with Mick Vick at center and I still protected the QB. The ratings mean nothing in Madden 10 STOP LYING TO YOURSELF.

If madden 10 is all we've got, then I'm afraid we've got nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »