Home

Old 10-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #409
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I don't know what game you're playing but my QB has never been hit by the CPU defense 12 times, and I've never given up 7 sacks. It's been proven that you can put Desean Jackson at LT and still protect the QB just as you can with a pro-bowl LT. I assembled an Oline with WRs and RBs as olinmen with Mick Vick at center and I still protected the QB. The ratings mean nothing in Madden 10 STOP LYING TO YOURSELF.

If madden 10 is all we've got, then I'm afraid we've got nothing.
Gosh, I think you've made your point by now.

Sorry, dude, you will never get everyone to agree with you. I guess we are just deluded morons, and some of us are just too dumb to see the light.

I'll enjoy the game, in my stupor. Is that OK with you? What else must we all agree about with you? Politics? Religion? The meaning of life?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 10

I have been checking out this thread for awhile now and really haven't had anything to add. First off I dont waste my time putting Mike Vick at center to prove a point. I have used three teams in Madden thus far (Vikings,Patroits,Giants(using th Giants now)) I have seen a big differnce in the running game with the Giants, I have more time when dropping back, but I'm not here to agrue is Mike Vick is jsut as good a Shaun O'hara in Madden. The one thing I can say where I know for a fact ratings matter is at LB. I had to cut Michael Boley for Cap reason and had to start my rookie OLB who is a 69 ovrl and so far through four games I have switch to him to make plays on the outside and I cant even count how many time I get run over or just plain miss the tackle. So for those that say Ratings mean nothing in Madden are just plain wrong! Now are there some fishy thing YES! but have you ever stop and ask yourself why your putting Mike Vick at center?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #411
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I don't know what game you're playing but my QB has never been hit by the CPU defense 12 times, and I've never given up 7 sacks. It's been proven that you can put Desean Jackson at LT and still protect the QB just as you can with a pro-bowl LT. I assembled an Oline with WRs and RBs as olinmen with Mick Vick at center and I still protected the QB. The ratings mean nothing in Madden 10 STOP LYING TO YOURSELF.

If madden 10 is all we've got, then I'm afraid we've got nothing.
You made your point. Get over it. Move on with your life.

HELLO BROOKYLN.
All Black Everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #412
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I have been checking out this thread for awhile now and really haven't had anything to add. First off I dont waste my time putting Mike Vick at center to prove a point. I have used three teams in Madden thus far (Vikings,Patroits,Giants(using th Giants now)) I have seen a big differnce in the running game with the Giants, I have more time when dropping back, but I'm not here to agrue is Mike Vick is jsut as good a Shaun O'hara in Madden. The one thing I can say where I know for a fact ratings matter is at LB. I had to cut Michael Boley for Cap reason and had to start my rookie OLB who is a 69 ovrl and so far through four games I have switch to him to make plays on the outside and I cant even count how many time I get run over or just plain miss the tackle. So for those that say Ratings mean nothing in Madden are just plain wrong! Now are there some fishy thing YES! but have you ever stop and ask yourself why your putting Mike Vick at center?
I agree totally. I have been using Billharris' coach mode sliders and the games and stats have been awesome. If we spend all of our time trying to find flaws in the game we'll never have enough time to actually sit down and enjoy it.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #413
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGooch
I agree totally. I have been using Billharris' coach mode sliders and the games and stats have been awesome. If we spend all of our time trying to find flaws in the game we'll never have enough time to actually sit down and enjoy it.
I think its more of trying to find the flaws so we can make the game better.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #414
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
You made your point. Get over it. Move on with your life.
I'll get over it when there's quality football game on the market that's available for me to purchase. I'll make my point, and continue to make it until there's a football sim on the market that isn't broken; if you don't like it, good.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-20-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #415
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers4life
I think its more of trying to find the flaws so we can make the game better.

Come on really!! I have played over 100 games so far and cant find one thing wrong with the game play! I just think alot of theses flaws are not even close to game breakers and nothing will be done about them so get over it move on and make sure your first in line next year when Madden drops next year, so you can come back here a tells us all about the flaws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
but have you ever stop and ask yourself why your putting Mike Vick at center?
To me that's not the point. The point is, it shouldn't be effective. People keep bringing up "Why are you doing that?" The question I want answered is, "why does it even work?"

As far as rating mattering - if they do, it's very little. A weak RTE WR doesn't seem any worse than a 99 RTE WR. I have Mason on the Ravens - he doesn't run routes any better than Clayton or Washington. Or Ray Rice for that matter. Or even Heyward-Bey or any other not-so-good rookie WR I can get off the waiver wire.

I have Ray Lewis at LB - he isn't a game changer a lot of times. He doesn't rack up tackles. He doesn't play any different than the Joe Average LB the CPU has.

The difference between Asmougha and Johnson at CB for the Raiders - not much. The AI threw all over Asmougha just like any other CB.

Merriweather for the Pats plays like Ed Reed for the Ravens, yet Reed is 99 and Merriweather is in the low 80's.

The only place I notice ratings making big differences is at QB. Using Flacco and Russell is like night and day. Brady vs Russell is like Earth and Mars. RB - the difference I notice is in speed more than anything else. Likewise for WR and DBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »