Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #425
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
It's not a crusade, and i'm sure myself and others who want a somewhat realistic experience aren't going to ignore him. Possibly you, but why ignore someone who wants to see this game improve? Like i've said, I feel there are some small flaws in this game that I can overlook, this IS NOT one of them. I mean if we are going to play a co-called sim game where ratings mean next to nothing, I don't even see the point of attaching the real player name's to these guys. If Mike Vick is a good blocker in Madden, then he doesn't really play anything like Micheal Vick does he? The same goes for Randy Moss playing CB.
because its gone beyond wanting to see it change and showing a point and just become trolling every thread possible. At that point and time its counter productive to his/your/whoever's crusade and just get ignored. But whatever, as i said i'm through and just ignoring the trolling/crusade whatever you want to call it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #426
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I'm using DB's... They're not lousy results - they're simply always the same. If I can run with team X, I can run with team Y - regardless of running back ratings.

Sliders make it harder or easier - but they don't make teams/players play realistically, since it seems a lot of ratings don't really matter too much.
Edit an offensive lineman to HB, go into practice mode, set the difficulty to All-Madden and run the ball with him. It works, you can juke players with him and everything. He won't be as fast of course, but he won't be totally ineffective. He'll even effective on HB options.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #427
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Edit an offensive lineman to HB, go into practice mode, set the difficulty to All-Madden and run the ball with him. It works, you can juke players with him and everything. He won't be as fast of course, but he won't be totally ineffective. He'll even effective on HB options.

I dont want to do that! There is just no point. It proves nothing to me! Did you buy the game to find what was wrong with it?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #428
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I dont want to do that! There is just no point. It proves nothing to me! Did you buy the game to find what was wrong with it?
It proves that ratings don't mean anything ; it proves that it's a waste of time scouting players in franchise or paying highly rated free agents a lot of money, because ratings don't mean anything. It proves that there's no point to franchise mode, which the devs put very little effort into franchise mode anyway.

I didn't buy the game to find what was wrong with it. I didn't notice any difference when going from team to team with the exception of the QB. When I played against the Patriots, I didn't fear Moss ; when I played with the Cardinals I didn't fear Fitz or Boldin. When playing against Vikings, the difference between Peterson and Taylor were minimal if not non-existent ; Jared Allen was like any other DE in the game and for some reason, no matter who the LDE was, they'd get more sacks that the RDE which is the teams best pass rusher. I played a franchise with the Eagles were by week 5 Juqua Parker(LDE) had 10 sacks, Cole(RDE) at the time had 3 and the CPU still didn't slide protection over to Parker.

That's why I tried to see if all the people that claimed the ratings were meaningless were telling the truth. As it turns out, they were.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #429
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
because its gone beyond wanting to see it change and showing a point and just become trolling every thread possible. At that point and time its counter productive to his/your/whoever's crusade and just get ignored. But whatever, as i said i'm through and just ignoring the trolling/crusade whatever you want to call it.
Maybe i'm missing something here..but isn't that what this thread is about?? It is a thread about how most of the ratings seem useless. It would seem to me your posts in this thread are more trolling than anyone else's. I'm not trying to call you out(us Lions fans have to stick together ;P), just calling it how I see it. I mean if we just let this one die, there is an even smaller chance this HUGE problem will ever get fixed.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #430
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Very nicely stated.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #431
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots3003
Maybe i'm missing something here..but isn't that what this thread is about?? It is a thread about how most of the ratings seem useless. It would seem to me your posts in this thread are more trolling than anyone else's. I'm not trying to call you out(us Lions fans have to stick together ;P), just calling it how I see it. I mean if we just let this one die, there is an even smaller chance this HUGE problem will ever get fixed.
Its not about this thread which is fine keep bumping it until there's an answer. Its about all the others people needed to get their 0.02 in about the ratings meaning nothing. For example someone has a talk about Free Agency and looking to sign someone

"doesn't matter ratings don't matter"

Or someone looking into draft picks.

A player gets injured and someones looking for a recommendation for a replacement.

how is that helpful and constructive in any way? Thats all that i'm saying. And old boy who i ignored was a big culprit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #432
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its not about this thread which is fine keep bumping it until there's an answer. Its about all the others people needed to get their 0.02 in about the ratings meaning nothing. For example someone has a talk about Free Agency and looking to sign someone

Or someone looking into draft picks.

A player gets injured and someones looking for a recommendation for a replacement.

how is that helpful and constructive in any way? Thats all that i'm saying. And old boy who i ignored was a big culprit.
Uhhh...because it really doesn't matter who people draft, sign or cut if the ratings have no meaning. What do you look at when scouting players ? What do you look at when drafting players ? What do you look at when signing free agents ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »