Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #433
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

So the entire thread is about how (agree or not) how the ratings do not matter. You jump in and share your .02 about how every person is wrong despite strongly hinting that you have not even tested. Then act shocked that guys are firing back at you. What exactly are you trying to get across to the majority who posted in this thread?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 3

The ratings that do matter however are catch, speed, throwpower and accuracy

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #435
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
So the entire thread is about how (agree or not) how the ratings do not matter. You jump in and share your .02 about how every person is wrong despite strongly hinting that you have not even tested. Then act shocked that guys are firing back at you. What exactly are you trying to get across to the majority who posted in this thread?
You missed my point entirely. Its the people who continue to post in other threads with nothing to contribute other than "ratings don't matter". I'll say it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its not about this thread which is fine keep bumping it until there's an answer.
and with that i'll leave you to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Come on really!! I have played over 100 games so far and cant find one thing wrong with the game play! I just think alot of theses flaws are not even close to game breakers and nothing will be done about them so get over it move on and make sure your first in line next year when Madden drops next year, so you can come back here a tells us all about the flaws
i'm going to become forum warrior here and dissect this piece by piece.

Quote:
Come on really!! I have played over 100 games so far and cant find one thing wrong with the game play!
ok, please look at these two videos that i found on the OS highlight thread.

Video #1 http://www.easports.com/media/play/h...t-reel/9527567
&
Video #2 http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8718480

Now these are just from two separate games posted by two separate posters.

Vid #1

Play 1 - The panthers don't even attempt to tackle the DB, DB can automatically stiff arm the receiver.

Play 2 - Take the Madden colored glasses off and just look at it and tell me you think that nothing is wrong with it.

Play 3 - Pursuit angles, clipping issues (looks like the ball went thorugh the DB)

Play 4 - clipping issues, just issues all around.

Play 5 - Not too bad, still bad pursuit angles.

Vid #2

Pursuit angles and suction blocking.

moving on, .

Quote:
I just think alot of theses flaws are not even close to game breakers and nothing will be done about them so get over it
ok..let's do franchise mode, since not many ratings matter.

Let's say that you're a run first team and there's two receivers, Receiver #1 is a UDF which you can get for cheap, he has better speed ratings then your slot receiver but less blocking, making your slot receiver better for your system, but since blocking ratings don't matter, you'd go for the faster, cheaper receiver for the slot for mismatches.

that's a game breaker for managing a franchise.

Quote:
get over it move on and make sure your first in line next year when Madden drops next year, so you can come back here a tells us all about the flaws
god forbid people critique this less than par game and demand more from the only company that can make these games.

how dare they demand more from a game that is entering its 26th year.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #437
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

LOL at the people who get upset that others actually want a better game. They seem offended that people would actually ask for a game where ratings mattered. It's like they are taking it as a personal insult, almost as if they programmed every aspect of the game themself. It's funny stuff. What's even funnier is that they troll the thread so that they can call other people who are posting on topic trolls. Real classic. Don't you guys actually want improvements in the game?

Methinks these people are also short sighted.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #438
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
LOL at the people who get upset that others actually want a better game. They seem offended that people would actually ask for a game where ratings mattered. It's like they are taking it as a personal insult, almost as if they programmed every aspect of the game themself. It's funny stuff. What's even funnier is that they troll the thread so that they can call other people who are posting on topic trolls. Real classic. Don't you guys actually want improvements in the game?

Methinks these people are also short sighted.
Equally as funny are the people who get upset at people who are enjoying the game. Because those people "settled"..

It goes both ways.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #439
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Equally as funny are the people who get upset at people who are enjoying the game. Because those people "settled"..

It goes both ways.
^^ Somehow I don't sense that here. People are just bringing things to light, not upset at people because they are enjoying the game. I'm enjoying the game myself, I just want it improved. So based on your logic I'm upset at myself. Even funnier.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #440
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

...and to mr lion fan - not surprisingly, you missed MY point. Thanks for "leaving me to it" as you made exceptional sense. You enjoy the game. We get it. Some dont - get that. All of us want it improved, thats the bottom line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »