Home

Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #457
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass

20,000 + post and he finally say something that makes sense!!

( I kid, I kid )

Takes me awhile to get warmed up. LOL

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #458
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I do have a question...

If ratings do not matter, then how does one arrive at the various outcomes from game to game, play to play, and from individual to individual?

Ex: How is it that a tackle can stop DeWayne White but not Elvis Dumervil? How do you rush for success vs one team but not another? Pressure the QB against one team but not another?
I think I know what the answers will be.

Random.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #459
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Your asking for rating to be fixed when I'm not sure even there even broken! Now theses are my thought in no way am I a programmer or anything like that, but do you think by changing QB and Punters to OL or any player that makes them a 12 ovrl it confuses the AI, I'm pretty sure the programmers didn't program OL to be 12 ovrl and weigh 190 pounds. So by doing this the AI doesn't know how to act and they just block say a default OL if you can understand the point I'm tring to make. But if your saying there is no differnce between a 97 OL and 64 OL then I can back you up there and say that needs to be adressed
I've seen vids of people putting run of the mil lineman against all pro lineman and the results were the same. The ratings are meaningless.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #460
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I've seen vids of people putting run of the mil lineman against all pro lineman and the results were the same. The ratings are meaningless.

You have no full season data to back up theses statements..
I have played 6 ful season and I see a big differnce in O-line play game to game and season to season.. watching a You-Tube Video then coming here sand saying Rating have no meaning really doesnt back up your agruement
Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #461
Banned

Quote:
I have played 6 ful season and I see a big differnce in O-line play game to game and season to season.. watching a You-Tube Video then coming here sand saying Rating have no meaning really doesnt back up your agruement
First, I watched Youtube VIDEOS, as in more than one and saw the same things ; punters, wideout and QBs holding their own on the Oline. I was here following Ian's blogs about "everything you see on Sundays you'll see in Madden 10" ; I was following blogs about the ratings being stretched out to make elite playing standout only see be able to see skill players hold their own against stud Dlineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #462
Banned

Quote:
Also, I'm not bashing madden 10 simply because I'm some EA ***** with an agenda ( even though I was accused of being one by a mod and given an infraction). I'm calling it like I see it. I defended this game just like you did less than a month ago. Now I'm calling it like I see it. Ian told us that ratings would have more of an effect in madden 10 ; they don't. Cameras don't lie , apparently somebody did. It's really funny that the devs haven't even appeared in the thread to a least defend their work. They appeared in threads about patches(things that can be fixed), they're not going to show their faces in here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Madden sales are down. Apparently people have been speaking with their wallets. I like the game ; I also like the fact that the dissappointing sales will keep that fire lit under EA's ***
I sure hope the devs do the same thing this year that they did last year with the blogs about features and what not. I'd love to hear Ian try to talk his way around this one. Hopefully this thread doesn't get closed, because you can bet your bottom dollar I will bring it up.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040232232

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-21-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #463
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Thumbs down Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I do have a question...

If ratings do not matter, then how does one arrive at the various outcomes from game to game, play to play, and from individual to individual?

Ex: How is it that a tackle can stop DeWayne White but not Elvis Dumervil? How do you rush for success vs one team but not another? Pressure the QB against one team but not another?
Wait, I thought you understood the concept of ratings floors. That should explain this. If every OL's worst possible case is 6'3" 300 lbs, 70 strength, 60 pass block, 60 run block.... etc., then it is still apparant why Dumervil will perform greater than White.

The problem is the ratings floor. There shouldn't be one. If someone is dumb enough to trot out a 5'6" 160 lb OT, he should get trounced by Dumervil AND White. He shouldn't hold his own against anyone, which is what we see.

That is the problem, nothing else. Remove the floors. Let the ratings do their thing. Otherwise they're meaningless.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #464
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Wait, I thought you understood the concept of ratings floors. That should explain this. If every OL's worst possible case is 6'3" 300 lbs, 70 strength, 60 pass block, 60 run block.... etc., then it is still apparant why Dumervil will perform greater than White.

The problem is the ratings floor. There shouldn't be one. If someone is dumb enough to trot out a 5'6" 160 lb OT, he should get trounced by Dumervil AND White. He shouldn't hold his own against anyone, which is what we see.

That is the problem, nothing else. Remove the floors. Let the ratings do their thing. Otherwise they're meaningless.
I do understand the concept of ratings floors. That would only explain why punters, kickers, or whomever would be able to hold some ground while blocking on the OL.

That doesn't explain why a guy like Dumervil dominated the same OT that was able to stonewall White. That doesn't explain why one defense gave up 100 yards rushing to a particular back but not another.

Sorry, but ratings floor is not the answer to my question. My question has nothing to do with player's out of position. It has to do with say a 90 DE vs one particular 75 rated OT and a 75 DE vs that same 75 rated OT. Again, why is it that 90 DE dominates that OT but the 75 DE?

Or a 99 rated DB shutting down a receiver that a 40 rated DB can't. Or a WR rated 90 being more dependable to make a catch vs a 65 rated WR...etc..etc...

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-21-2009 at 02:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »