Old 09-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #65
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Screw "block shedding" and "finesse move". Get the basics down first. Then, instead of creating a whole new rating called "block shedding", go the APF route and let it be a modifier, or boost to the current calculation.

Then play the appropriate animation. Right now it looks like the animations are the only factor, rather than the ratings driving the animations.

Yes, they need to quit adding ratings and start taking them away. Use the ones that actually work in the game and develop and test with those few.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #66
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

When you run a test like the OP, you completely expose the gross inadequacies in the game engine and programming. Many of us have felt for years you can build an OL on the cheap without repercussion, and I agree that's a HUGE fault in this game.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
Yes, they need to quit adding ratings and start taking them away. Use the ones that actually work in the game and develop and test with those few.

Amen brotha!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cum_Laude
You know, I feel bad for Ian...here he went out and has kept us gamers WAAAAY more in the loop on the madden thing than normal. He has listened to our gripes and tried to correct them, and all he has gotten is a bunch of people whining and bi***ing to him constantly and calling him out...And you all wonder why he doesn't answer these questions.
I like Ian, but you have be consistent.
When he was pumping up the game pre-release, he was here a lot and constantly answering our questions.
He was a non-stop information guy.

People release threads like this and that guy at YouTube with his "pro level is the best" thread and Ian, Phil and the gang are nowhere to be found.

Heck, I hoped for an answer to this punting inside my 25-yard line thing ... not a word. To me, this is a humongous game killer ... and something I personally showed them at the Community Event.

You can't bask in the praise of the boards and then ignore the criticism.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I like Ian, but you have be consistent.
When he was pumping up the game pre-release, he was here a lot and constantly answering our questions.
He was a non-stop information guy.

People release threads like this and that guy at YouTube with his "pro level is the best" thread and Ian, Phil and the gang are nowhere to be found.

Heck, I hoped for an answer to this punting inside my 25-yard line thing ... not a word. To me, this is a humongous game killer ... and something I personally showed them at the Community Event.

You can't bask in the praise of the boards and then ignore the criticism.
I completely agree and have noticed that the devs haven't really been on the boards to answer questions. While I did ask him on his twitter page of whether or not we are going to get an in depth guide on what the ratings and sliders actually do. He answered me back and said that it's on his list of things to do. I appreciate that.

However, there are people on the board that are litterally spending countless hours testing sliders and ratings, making bars graphs for crying out loud. How about putting that on the top of your to do list so people aren't making up theories, arguing on whoes theory is correct, and wasting hours and hours when the devs could be writing up something that should have been produced a long time ago, and it should have been in the instruction manual.

One more thing, the devs have all but disappeared from this board. I know that have put out an FAQ, but there are just so much more that needs to be answered. They need to address things like why don't o-line ratings matter and why do the animations dominate/drive the game (or at least appears to do so) ?

We need a press conference loL!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #70
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
ding, ding, ding.

There is nothing to make us believe this will or even can be fixed. Just like so many of the other issues. Even if they want to fix it, the problem runs so deep, they simply can't. This is down to the core game engine stuff. They're not going to mess with it.
Then they will continue to see declining sales. That's a risk and gamble that they will have to choose to take. Many Madden players are realism freaks and we love our franchises... The fact that ratings don't matter in many areas has truly killed my desire to ever buy Madden again.

It's not that they can't... It's that they won't, like you said. My only hope is that EA has more years of declining sales so they can wake up. They can't run on their name anymore... Their games are getting stale and are loaded with bugs and glitches. It might take time, but eventually people will get tired of it. Hopefully this will wake the NFL up to the fact that exclusive licenses are not the way to go.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #71
Banned

We need a meeting similar to AA for guys like us...
Anyways, my sobriety from Madden is going on 2 nights now. If I feel the urge to play, I just read this thread. Looking back, I could probobly have lived with the bugs, glitches, gameplay shortcomings....but not with stats that have NO EFFECT on gameplay.
Ian, EA..still waiting for some input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 AM   #72
Banned

You know Team EA is going to come around next year swearing all of these issues have been fixed right? Like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. And somehow, some reason, everybody will simply give them a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »