Home

RB walking on certain pass route...literally

This is a discussion on RB walking on certain pass route...literally within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
RB walking on certain pass route...literally

I have a funny feeling this is related to the patch that was just released. Go into practice mode and hot route your RB to run a slant route to the left or the right from the backfield and watch him literally walk his route. Now hot route him to do a streak or a square out and watch him run his route as normal. Was this done intentionally?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: RB walking on certain pass route...literally

Who knows...I've seen my RB shuffle his feet like he's runniing through tires (or trying to engage in a block) all the way down the field with no one around him on certain plays. I never saw that pre patch...seems like some odd things are happening post patch.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Pro

Dude that's crazy...unfortunately I discovered this during a game and while waiting for my RB to finish his route I got sacked. I could not believe he was walking.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 21

This is what was done prevented the RB's from exploiting the flats. No more full speed running, its now a slow trot a later developing route and in some cases routes that dont start until after the line of scrimmage.

The issue was "fixed" by hampering the offense instead of adjusting the defense.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Pro

Angry Re: RB walking on certain pass route...literally

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
This is what was done prevented the RB's from exploiting the flats. No more full speed running, its now a slow trot a later developing route and in some cases routes that dont start until after the line of scrimmage.

The issue was "fixed" by hampering the offense instead of adjusting the defense.
Just like you said....hamper the offense instead of fixing the defense. Dude I cannot wait until the NBA games come out so that I can put Madden on the shelf. That is not cool by any means. It's frustrating that they do this type crap instead of fixing the real problem!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Whats funny is, this wasnt the flat issue, it was the flat routes out of i form that were the real concern the slant routes and out routes out of shotgun by the halfbacks were coverable.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 09-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Whats funny is, this wasnt the flat issue, it was the flat routes out of i form that were the real concern the slant routes and out routes out of shotgun by the halfbacks were coverable.
THANK YOU!!!!! That was the first thing I thought when this happened..."these routes are not the issue"!!! Again, the same philosophy that was displayed with the rocket catch...let's just remove the receivers ability to jump insteady of correcting the problem on the defensive side of the ball....just dumb the game down to mask a problem. I really hope that this was not done intentionally.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The did it to fade routes as well. all of the Lions Fade plays in the lions playbook has this. The hot route fades still work though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »