Home

Hello and Where's John Abraham?

This is a discussion on Hello and Where's John Abraham? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hello and Where's John Abraham?

Hello to all. Forum and Madden newbie here. This is my first year playing Madden, though I'm probably older than most here . My co-workers got me into the game and I'm having a blast with it. I only pay offline for now and like for the game to be as SIM as possible. My IQ hovers around 600 or so and I'm currently using DB's customer sliders, that I like a lot. I've been lurking here a while and appreciate the knowledge base.

I play as my hometown Falcons and my first question is, does anyone else have any success getting John Abraham actively involved in the defense? He is the best player on the Falcons D (highest OVR), but in review of post game stats he seems to generally have the fewest tackles of any of my D lineman. I have tried user controlling him, with little success. He seems to get a lot of hurries, but few tackles or sacks. Most sacks seem to come from Jamal Anderson or the tackles. Anyone ideas how to get JA more involved in the defense? I run the 4-3 mostly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hello and Where's John Abraham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconeer99
Hello to all. Forum and Madden newbie here. This is my first year playing Madden, though I'm probably older than most here . My co-workers got me into the game and I'm having a blast with it. I only pay offline for now and like for the game to be as SIM as possible. My IQ hovers around 600 or so and I'm currently using DB's customer sliders, that I like a lot. I've been lurking here a while and appreciate the knowledge base.

I play as my hometown Falcons and my first question is, does anyone else have any success getting John Abraham actively involved in the defense? He is the best player on the Falcons D (highest OVR), but in review of post game stats he seems to generally have the fewest tackles of any of my D lineman. I have tried user controlling him, with little success. He seems to get a lot of hurries, but few tackles or sacks. Most sacks seem to come from Jamal Anderson or the tackles. Anyone ideas how to get JA more involved in the defense? I run the 4-3 mostly.
I see this too in my games, it seems that the players on the right side of the defense are ineffective, you get tackles when a team is running to that side, I use the Dallas Cowboys and DeMarcus Ware is always well blocked and when he is able to beat his block the qb gets the ball away just as he arrives or throws those lame duck passes. So you are not alone on this asumptions try adjusting your sliders.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

One way is to edit your best DE and/or LB to the left side.Switching them may mean putting a DT,for example, as a DE to avoid the 'position minimum requirements'.Just remember to switch this player back when you have everything set.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't have any problems getting to the QB with Abraham. He is a beast. I also use the multiple D playbook to get him some plays standing up out of the nickle packages.

Like the other guys have said though you really can get more pressure or have an easier time rushing the QB from the left side. I believe alot of that has to do with most of the LT's have higher ratings than the RT's. Normally the best tackle on the team is the LT.

For my fellow Cowboy fan and user I have no problem using Ware at all. I use the Jets defensive playbook when playing with the Cowboys. It gives alot more plays in where Ware is blitzing. I absolutely love the odd split nickle package. It lines up Ware on the outside of the tackle and almost every play has him rushing the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »