Home

wonder why?

This is a discussion on wonder why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
wonder why?

i may be wrong but it seems like i never see anyone from ea post any response on a thread that is bashing madden based on Facts! they only seem to post on the threads based on when a patch comes out or when the rosters will be updated. does not really appear they are seeking improvements based on the consumers remarks. i cannot see how any of them can Enjoy this game and i feel that deep down they are thinking..damn we need an overhaul. Haha but whatever maybe i'm drunk and do not know what i'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsboan11
maybe i'm drunk and do not know what i'm talking about.
Sounds like it
Old 09-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7
Exclamation Re: wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsboan11
i may be wrong but it seems like i never see anyone from ea post any response on a thread that is bashing madden based on Facts! they only seem to post on the threads based on when a patch comes out or when the rosters will be updated. does not really appear they are seeking improvements based on the consumers remarks. i cannot see how any of them can Enjoy this game and i feel that deep down they are thinking..damn we need an overhaul. Haha but whatever maybe i'm drunk and do not know what i'm talking about.
I have to differ. The game has made leaps and bounds from the previous exclusive versions. In one year Madden has become a much better representation of NFL football than it had shown.

I don't blame the developers for not coming into the threads which are pointing out "flaws" in the game. Most of the time these supposed "flaws" are minor and trivial, not affecting gameplay. What the numbers are of the guys on the sideline, having players run through the walls of the end zone or morphing through refs coming back to the field of play, some player's minor equipment being off, etc are such small details to most players.

It comes across as nitpicking and looking for faults in the game during gameplay instead of actually trying to enjoy the gameplay. If someone was judging your work and just spending an 8-hour day fault-finding and taking shots at your integrity, manhood, intelligence, etc. you would be a professional and just avoid the controversy.

When there has been something of a serious gamplay nature, the developers have been here and responded. Has everything been done at once, or on a timetable that we all would like? No, but none of us are going to be happy with something coming out too soon and being unworkable. As much garbage as they have been subjected to, I am surprised that they still respond to people on this forum. They are better men than me; I would have thrown in the towel shortly after release. Just my $0.02
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28
I have to differ. The game has made leaps and bounds from the previous exclusive versions. In one year Madden has become a much better representation of NFL football than it had shown.

I don't blame the developers for not coming into the threads which are pointing out "flaws" in the game. Most of the time these supposed "flaws" are minor and trivial, not affecting gameplay. What the numbers are of the guys on the sideline, having players run through the walls of the end zone or morphing through refs coming back to the field of play, some player's minor equipment being off, etc are such small details to most players.

It comes across as nitpicking and looking for faults in the game during gameplay instead of actually trying to enjoy the gameplay. If someone was judging your work and just spending an 8-hour day fault-finding and taking shots at your integrity, manhood, intelligence, etc. you would be a professional and just avoid the controversy.

When there has been something of a serious gamplay nature, the developers have been here and responded. Has everything been done at once, or on a timetable that we all would like? No, but none of us are going to be happy with something coming out too soon and being unworkable. As much garbage as they have been subjected to, I am surprised that they still respond to people on this forum. They are better men than me; I would have thrown in the towel shortly after release. Just my $0.02
Couldn't have said it better myself....
Old 09-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28

Just because its better than last year doesn't mean the game is where is should be.

I agree with you on the points about minor details. However, its been made very clear to us that art and gameplay are separate groups.

Serious gameplay issues are still lingering and have not been fixed as you say. Gameplay has been altered in some cases (IE The Flats) but thats not fixing anything. Apart from line interaction, many of the NFL rules arent applied properly or atleast consistently. You might expect that from a game year one, not year 21.

I certainly dont agree with your assumption that it takes 8 hours with a fine tooth comb to find game issues. In reality, a basic understanding of football and one full game will provide you with plenty of reasons to question the ratings and logics used in this game. Maybe it just comes down to who can ignore or simply not look at game issues if thats your line of thinking.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 09-27-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Friends don't let friends drink and post...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »