Home

chain gang just cost me a win

This is a discussion on chain gang just cost me a win within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
chain gang just cost me a win

I was already getting sick of the chain gang coming out everytime u get within a yard of the 1st down marker, but now that stupid animation just cost me a win and I'm not happy : (

15 seconds left ....down by 1 on my opponents 27 yrd line and it's 3rd and 5

clock is running and I'm saving my last timeout for the game winning FG

I run middle to position myself better for the game winning FG

Wound up going 5 yards and was calling timeout with 3 seconds left, but here comes the stupid chain gang in a meaningless 1st down situation.....Soooo I wait until they say 1st Down !! hoping the clock would stop since I called timeout right after the play was over, but of course it's still running, Sooo I pressed the timeout / select button 3 or 4 more times quickly as the last 3 seconds just ticked away, but it did not allow me to take a timeout.......talk about FRUSTRATING !! I don't mind losing, but to lose a game this way really stinks : (

By the way my timeout button worked fine the whole game....soooo I know it was not a bad controller issue

Last edited by maddcatt; 09-27-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: chain gang just cost me a win

Pause+TO?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

uh oh. someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelboy
Pause+TO?
Yup it's the pause button on the 360 controller : (

If I had the time I would have just paused the game itself with the start button and called a timeout that way

The way I felt after having quite the drive to get in that position and then having to lose that way......even the Waaaaambulance could not have hepled me : (
Old 09-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Yup it's the pause button on the 360 controller : (

If I had the time I would have just paused the game itself with the start button and called a timeout that way

The way I felt after having quite the drive to get in that position and then having to lose that way......even the Waaaaambulance could not have hepled me : (
I don't get it, you said you hit the TO button what, 4 times? If you had hit that many times you certainly had time to pause the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't get it, you said you hit the TO button what, 4 times? If you had hit that many times you certainly had time to pause the game.
I was caught off guard when the clock ran after the measurement and in panic mode because I had also called timeout several times after the 5 yrd gain was over

I did it the way I have alway's called timeouts in madden and it should have easily worked

I was also pushing the button as hard as I have ever pushed a button

I honestly think it was some type of glitch in the game and the guy I played online agreed
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

What kills me is runs into the endzone. I'm still running, still upright, still pushing forward, but as soon as the ball "crosses the plane" the game cuts to the refs deciding if it's a TD cut scene, then they say it isn't a TD.

Why don't I get to finish out the play? If the ball didn't cross the plane, don't interrupt the play.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

dude I feel for you because this just happened to me

I was up 14-7 at the end of the half with 8 seconds left. I was down to about the 7 with 1 timeout left. I decide to run the ball and play safe to go up by 2 scores. I wind up running down to the inch yd line and out comes the chain gang. I'm short. There is 2 sec left so I figure I'm fine. I press select about 8 times in 2 seconds and NOTHING! time expires.

I wound up winning on a FG as time expired but if I go up by 2 scores there I probably win really easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »