Home

worst madden ever

This is a discussion on worst madden ever within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: worst madden ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
same here.. the poster is a troll btw..simply because he just said it was the worst madden ever lol ..and i wont even bother looking at his post history, oh wait, he only has 4 posts lol

i dont see how his post history has anything to do with this thread. and a troll isnt someone who posts nothing but negatives. a troll is someone who monitors a thread and replies to every comment. know what your talking about before you start putting someone down. s/he just needs to vent. the person is frustrated.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374

I don't necessarily blame the developers - they are good guys - I blame the schedule they're under. The rush to get this game out the door just kills them. For whatever reason, it hurts Madden the most. The other sports games, for whatever reason, seem to come out a lot less buggy.

It drives me crazy to say I'm disappointed with Madden, but so far I am. Yes I play it a lot, but once again the flaws are just killing the game for me. When I see Darren Sproles break out of a four or five man tackle, I want to throw my controller. Hell, Brandon Jacobs doesn't do that in the real NFL.

i agree with you. i have really enjoyed the game at times, but certain issues with the game makes me ahve those controller throwing moments. im about to sell it to my coworker as soon as i get off vacation
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't understand the argument that a one year dev cycle is the problem. Madden and 2k both churn out excellent games in 2005 which many viewed as a big improvement from the previous year. I can't speak for Madden but 2k added VIP, Cribs, and ESPN 25th Anniversary Mode as well as more animations, classic uniforms, ESPN and Sportscenter integration including halftime, postgame, playoff and superbowl shows. Plus they upgraded things like First person football.

Imo it can be done, especially when they're not changing the engine. It's just a matter of what they prioritize.

Last edited by d'ultimate; 09-28-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hmmm. Not the 10 is not the worst because 06 for the 360 was.
1. 06(360)

10 is the best this gen. But of course it's not the best all tyme because madden in next gen was never a true football game. Just some crap put together and marketed as sim like.

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #77
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ultimate
I don't understand the argument that a one year dev cycle is the problem. Madden and 2k both churn out excellent games in 2005 which many viewed as a big improvement from the previous year. I can't speak for Madden but 2k added VIP, Cribs, and ESPN 25th Anniversary Mode as well as more animations, classic uniforms, ESPN and Sportscenter integration including halftime, postgame, playoff and superbowl shows. Plus they upgraded things like First person football.

Imo it can be done, especially when they're not changing the engine. It's just a matter of what they prioritize.
Easier to program on PS2. Try doing all that on a more complicated machine. Especially with things like highlights...do people know how hard it is to generate a random highlight and then load it along with commentary and up to date stats etc? Prolly easy when the pixels are simpler...and prolly takes less disc space.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Easier to program on PS2. Try doing all that on a more complicated machine. Especially with things like highlights...do people know how hard it is to generate a random highlight and then load it along with commentary and up to date stats etc? Prolly easy when the pixels are simpler...and prolly takes less disc space.
Wow....Just Wow!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
this is no where near the best madden ever. but its also not the worst. it is better than all the next gen versions, although thats not saying much. its enjoyable with the right sliders and game tweaks but there are a lot of bugs that still ruin the experience.

since there is no competition they are taking their time improving the game. not that they aren't doing it but they might as well milk us for years before they give us a great game

Fk that
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
*OMG*

highlights? highlights? are you kidding me? highlights??

EA's problem right here with your post, highlights....

EA comes to OS to listen to your guys input and you guys complain and bch about highlights, fkn highlights. in order to make a great game priority needs to be set. whats more important? gameplay or helmet colors/random highlights, cleat colors, etc???

here at OS, the latter is most important, but dammit the gameplay is what is important, and until EA decides to make the gameply A+ we will have a shtty boo boo game

highlight....LMFAO

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »