Home

Phillip Rivers arm strength??

This is a discussion on Phillip Rivers arm strength?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17
Phillip Rivers arm strength??

I planned on making this thread after seeing him play in person against the Falcons in the pre season and just forgot. But now after them play every week so far this year and especially after yesterday's game I believe that Rivers 82 throw power is far too low him. I know he doesn't have the strongest arm in the league or anything close to it but an 82 is pretty weak. He can't get much zip on the ball and can't really throw the deep ball with an 82 rating. If you have seen him play he throws a nice deep ball with a zice zip on it. Especially this year. I'm not saying jump him up to a 90 plus or anything like that but I believe a rating around 86 would be right for him. What do you guys think??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Phillip Rivers arm strength??

also needs way better Deep Ball Accuracy
Old 09-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

He does. I moved it up to an 85. So in my rosters he is like an 90 or 91 overall with 86 throwing power and 85 deep accuracy.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

His throw to Jackson this week kind of cemented my thoughts about his arm strength. You could tell he was putting almost all of his arm into it and it was in the air maybe at most 40-50 yards. His arm really is in the lower 80s IMO.(His deep accuracy may very well deserve a raise, I just dont know what it is currently)

EDIT
To further describe QB arm strength. Anything below 80 struggles to make NFL deep routes and probably cant throw any further then 40 yards. I feel that 80-85 can get the ball out to at least 40-50 yards. Guys with 85-90 can get the ball out 50-60 yards. Anyone with 90+ can easily throw the ball 60+ yards in all weather.(I think the upper end of arm strength is messed up but that is off topic and I also feel there should be two types of arm strength like throw distance and zip on the ball because some people have zip but no deep ball ect ect)

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-28-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

After what he did to my Fins yesterday, Phillip Rivers deserves a boost. The guy is a one man show and throws a nice deep ball, sorta like Brees. Neither has a JaMarcus Russel kind of arm, but they both can stretch the field as good as any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

He's among tops in the league in completions over 20+ and 40+, he throws one of the best deep balls in the league.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

if brees has 90 power rivers should be around 86-88 but what about jammer and cason wit 88 and 87 speed i saw a couple linebackers faster than them or y does vincent jackson and antonio gates have same speed did u c jackson burn that corner yesterday
Old 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Vincent jackson's speed in madden is embarassing

Bernard Berrian 97 speed
40 time 4.58
career ypc 15.7
this year ypc 10.2
last year ypc 20.1 with 48 catches

Vincent Jackson
40 time 4.46
career ypc 17.5
this year ypc 19.8
last years ypc 18.6 with 59 catches

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »