Home

Encroachment Glitch

This is a discussion on Encroachment Glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Encroachment Glitch

Another day of madden, yet another game breaking glitch.

Nnamdi Asomugha get's injured...

A play later it asks me do I want to put him in at a medium risk of reinjury due to a calf strain, I said yet.

Ever since he has been back in the game, when he's moving to cover his man he glitches and runs into the player after zig-zagging beside him.

4th Encroachment Penalty in a row so far... im going to unpause it and see how long it continues...

Edit:

Went 6 times in a row, he did it on the 7th play but there was no man for him to cover, hence, nobody to run into. But it did just give the Jets a touchdown thanks to all the penalty yards I racked up ::clap::

And just when I had finally been having a good game Vs. the cpu without blowing them completely out...

Last edited by Poetique; 09-29-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Encroachment Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetique
Another day of madden, yet another game breaking glitch.

Nnamdi Asomugha get's injured...

A play later it asks me do I want to put him in at a medium risk of reinjury due to a calf strain, I said yet.

Ever since he has been back in the game, when he's moving to cover his man he glitches and runs into the player after zig-zagging beside him.

4th Encroachment Penalty in a row so far... im going to unpause it and see how long it continues...

Edit:

Went 6 times in a row, he did it on the 7th play but there was no man for him to cover, hence, nobody to run into. But it did just give the Jets a touchdown thanks to all the penalty yards I racked up ::clap::

And just when I had finally been having a good game Vs. the cpu without blowing them completely out...

I know it suck that it happen but instead of leting happen 7 times and coming here and complain how broken the game is. Why didnt you after say the second time try taking him out for a play and see if it helped, Its a video game and sometimes they go alitte crazy. Next time try being a bit smarter and not let it go for 7 plays just to say its a game breaking glitch.. just my 3 cents..
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
I know it suck that it happen but instead of leting happen 7 times and coming here and complain how broken the game is. Why didnt you after say the second time try taking him out for a play and see if it helped, Its a video game and sometimes they go alitte crazy. Next time try being a bit smarter and not let it go for 7 plays just to say its a game breaking glitch.. just my 3 cents..
i feel you... maybe a timeout or something would have worked... and you were playing against the jets so you really didnt need nnamdi because they dont have elite wideouts....
Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Lol... since we're going to speak about being smarter.

How about since this is obviously a glitch, I do the SMART thing and make it known so the developers can fix it? Why should I have to handicap myself because of the games flaws? That's right, I shouldn't have to.

So a smart person would make it known, instead of going around it. Even if I had taken him out, if on the next play Nnamdi's backup (which will obviously be inferior) happens to allow a TD, it's still a game breaking glitch.

So don't come telling me about being smarter, while providing an idiotic solution. I'm well aware of the fact that I probably could have stopped it from occurring continuously (albeit the fastest way would probably be simply having him play zone instead of man), the problem is that I have to do anything at all when the glitch shouldn't occur in the first place.

I shouldn't have to take out my player.
I shouldn't have to waste a time out.
I shouldn't have to call a play I don't want to call.

It's a glitch, it should be fixed, period.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Banned

Angry Re: Encroachment Glitch

Thats exactly right. Why do we have to keep making adjustments, house rules, or any type of game alterations just to get this game to play like it should. Who the hell is making the money here, us, or EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

I think it is more of the way you presented it. Saying this is a game breaker and what not. I have been playing Madden a lot since it's release and only 1 time did I ever see anything like this happen. It happened to one of the cpu offensive linemen and I saw the playclock was about to run out so I called a timeout for them and haven't seen it since.

If all you wanted to do was make it known to the developers you could have presented it more like this. "hey just want to inform you guys that when.....(then state your case)."

Also keep in mind that basically anything electronic will have some bugs and glitches and that nothing electronic will ever be perfect. Is it a pain in the butt sometimes? Yes but is it the end of the world when it happens? NO.

Not trying to argue or anything like that but sometimes people over react to certain things and call every little glitch and bug a gamebreaker. Look back at games of the past where you still paid $40-$60 for the game and did they still have bugs? Yes but they were still fun to play and so is Madden.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
While you are smart that we shouldnt have to make house rules or use workarounds ect ect. But why did you create a thread about a glitch, when we have a glitch thread already at the top for this exact topic...
Because that thread is incredibly cluttered and information in it gets lost.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
I think it is more of the way you presented it. Saying this is a game breaker and what not. I have been playing Madden a lot since it's release and only 1 time did I ever see anything like this happen. It happened to one of the cpu offensive linemen and I saw the playclock was about to run out so I called a timeout for them and haven't seen it since.

If all you wanted to do was make it known to the developers you could have presented it more like this. "hey just want to inform you guys that when.....(then state your case)."

Also keep in mind that basically anything electronic will have some bugs and glitches and that nothing electronic will ever be perfect. Is it a pain in the butt sometimes? Yes but is it the end of the world when it happens? NO.

Not trying to argue or anything like that but sometimes people over react to certain things and call every little glitch and bug a gamebreaker. Look back at games of the past where you still paid $40-$60 for the game and did they still have bugs? Yes but they were still fun to play and so is Madden.
I presented it as exactly what it is... a glitch with the good chance of drastically altering the outcome of the game is a gamebreaking glitch, regardless of how often it occurs.

I've worked on games before, and no **** they'll have glitches... that's why you tell the people who can fix the glitches.

Perhaps I did take a harsh tone, but quite frankly I'm fed up with EA, and considering how much money they should OWE ME at this point, I see no point in babying any dialogue I attempt to engage with them.

And for the record, the only game I play with as many bugs as madden, is madden, and that's because I have to. It's the only pro football game allowed to exist.

My other games do not have nearly as many glitches, nor many gamebreaking ones, and when they do no, they're not very fun, and they don't remain in my collection for long unless the glitches are very few and far between, or they are fixed. In the game of Maddens, there's at least one glitch of some kind that occurs every game, and it's often more than that.

Madden is fun for you, great! A simulation game is only fun for me when it's well... being a realistic, simulation game.

You make too many assumptions of other people's experiences based off of your own, sir...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »