Home

Yahoo speaks the truth about EA

This is a discussion on Yahoo speaks the truth about EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Yahoo speaks the truth about EA

How do you expect them to make up for declining sales?

yeah its weak for them to do such but its a business and their business is to sell things. I just stay clear of them...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #18
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
How do you expect them to make up for declining sales?

yeah its weak for them to do such but its a business and their business is to sell things. I just stay clear of them...
Um, make a better game?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

EA is trying this with their games across the board. Personally, I don't like it, but it doesn't anger me enough to want to refuse to play or anything. It's actually pretty harmless so long as the charge is for some gimmicky thing that you elect not to buy anyway.

The one that bothers me probably the most is this new Live Season 2.0 in FIFA 10. They're promoting this new feature where you get to jump into league play that follows real-life results, but allows you to modify them and play your real game to see what the outcome is. Only you can't play it until you pay to unlock it (probably $5 or $10). It bothers me because this is an entire game mode that was developed and promoted as part of FIFA 10. So, if $60 can't buy me this new game feature that FIFA 09 didn't have, what exactly am I paying for, aside from rosters and some other tweaks?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #20
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

The whole article was the truth, not just the part about EA.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
@ Best Buy Charging $130 for plugging in the PS3. Crazy.

My thoughts exactly!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Not seeing how or why temporary stats boosts, immediate injury recovery or even the retirement prevention ones 'should be in the game from the beginning' tbh. With exception for the elite one, people bitching and moaning about DLC have gone way overboard. I fail to see why so many people that apparently have no desire to purchase these things/don't care about them whine and cry about it for so long, it doesn't affect your game experience. If you don't like it, don't buy it, it really is that simple.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Not seeing how or why temporary stats boosts, immediate injury recovery or even the retirement prevention ones 'should be in the game from the beginning' tbh. With exception for the elite one, people bitching and moaning about DLC have gone way overboard. I fail to see why so many people that apparently have no desire to purchase these things/don't care about them whine and cry about it for so long, it doesn't affect your game experience. If you don't like it, don't buy it, it really is that simple.
Not really. It's a matter of people being upset because EA has made a choice to charge their consumers for things that in the past would be free. People feel that the DLC are game features that were intentionally left out of the game so that EA could then charge money for them. Personally, I couldn't care less about most of the current downloadable features, so it doesn't bother me that they cost money.
I think, however, the main issue is that people are afraid that more important features in the future will become downloadable content. Imagine having to pay extra money to play franchise mode. Or, a perhaps more likely scenerio is EA adding a bunch of the features that we've been asking for, but making them only available for paid download. By your logic this would be perfectly acceptable.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Not really. It's a matter of people being upset because EA has made a choice to charge their consumers for things that in the past would be free. People feel that the DLC are game features that were intentionally left out of the game so that EA could then charge money for them. Personally, I couldn't care less about most of the current downloadable features, so it doesn't bother me that they cost money.
I think, however, the main issue is that people are afraid that more important features in the future will become downloadable content. Imagine having to pay extra money to play franchise mode. Or, a perhaps more likely scenerio is EA adding a bunch of the features that we've been asking for, but making them only available for paid download. By your logic this would be perfectly acceptable.

I was just about to post nearly the exact same thing. EA has slowly been pushing the line further and further with DLC(with almost ALL of the games that have been released this year). If we as a community just let it happen then the post above may be the future we see...At that point, I wouldnt bother to pay for the game at all.

As they say..."All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" We are the good men and EA in this case is evil. We may not buy the content but that is not enough. We must speak out and try and stop others from being foolish enough to buy the content. If we dont then the future is indeed bleak.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 09-30-2009 at 04:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »