Home

In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

This is a discussion on In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

the constant hurry-ups and going for it on 4th down is too much. there should be extra penalties online for using these tactics. If you hurry up all game, you're O players should be crazy fatigued by the end of the game and start getting hurt left and right. There should also be a limit to audibles and hot routes when hurrying up outside of the 2min warnings and 4th Q comeback drives. Fair play would help with the 4th down craziness. I understand going for it strategically, but every time!?!

It comes down to this. Either you get cheezed and beat, or you counter the cheeze successfully and the cheezer quits. It's totally impossible to find good sim games online without personally knowing the opponent. sad.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

I mean if they go for it all the time on 4th down then what is stopping you from going for it on 4th. People have four downs to do whatever they want and there is no rule that says you must punt or kick a field goal on a certain percentage of fourth downs. I thought forcing people to punt on 4th down with fair play was a very dumb idea.

Last edited by kingzfan2000; 10-01-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I've played online 4 times and lost 3 times this year. 2 of the 3 losses were dudes doing nothing but screen passes. It was ****ing stupid. I basically refuse to play online.
Screen passes are very easy to stop. If you are playing an opponent that uses screen passes a lot then simply hot route your defensive ends to qb contain and this will very often result in either breaking up screens in the backfield or an interception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzfan2000
I mean if they go for it all the time on 4th down then what is stopping you from going for it on 4th. People have four downs to do whatever they want and there is no rule that says you must punt or kick a field goal on a certain percentage of fourth downs. I thought forcing people to punt on 4th down with fair play was a very dumb idea.
^ cheezer

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Gee - wouldn't it be nice if we had a PLAY DESIGNER feature? We could design our OWN defenses that could protect against screen passes and roll outs.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzfan2000
Cheese Spokesman of the year reply here.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not trying to have this turn into a flamefest, no need to call out people. I just want to know how you guys stop this. And to the 4th down argument: It's not that I have a problem with going for it all the time. I actually prefer people that go for it, I get a chance to get the ball back in good position. It's when they use their unstoppable plays to do it. I might as well put the controller down and go make a sandwich, and just come back when I'm on offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by likesbacon
I'm not trying to have this turn into a flamefest, no need to call out people. I just want to know how you guys stop this. And to the 4th down argument: It's not that I have a problem with going for it all the time. I actually prefer people that go for it, I get a chance to get the ball back in good position. It's when they use their unstoppable plays to do it. I might as well put the controller down and go make a sandwich, and just come back when I'm on offense.
Sorry, back on topic. The only way to keep the cheeser around is to feed him cheese. Let him get away with his redundant playcalling for a little while. This sets him up to think he can pull these plays in crunch time. As for the screens, make an educated guess as to which side he is going to and control the DE on that side. I control that DE and follow the the rb. Since cheesers typically make one read on offense, he will wait there and get sacked, throw the pass anyway which results in a tackle for loss, pass breakup, or worse, or take off for a minimal gain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »