Home
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Immersion

Let me start by emphasizing that this is constructive criticism. If you want to troll, please do so elsewhere.

This is just one example of how EA finds a way to take me out of the experience. When I am playing Madden, I am constantly being pulled out of the virtual gridiron by getting constantly reminded of the fact that, yes, I am playing an EA Sports game. EA Sports here, EA Sports there, EA Sports every-damn-where. 10 logos in the above example, logos embedded in the Extra Point title, etc etc.

Even though they have the NFL and ESPN licenses, they choose to self-promote instead of put those licenses to good use. The above screen would look much more authentic and really keep me immersed if those 10 EA logos were replaced with 5 NFL and 5 ESPN logos. When you are being reminded that you are playing a game every 5 seconds, it really hampers my ability to enjoy playing Madden.

I already hear your thoughts...you asking me, "WTF? Quit nitpicking! This **** does not matter! Is this REALLY that important???" My answer to that is a resounding, "no". This is definitely not as important as fixing fundamental game play issues first, see here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...damentals.html Since I have already discussed my thoughts on the matter of game play, I really wanted to throw this out there to see what people thought.

I know EA wants to be synonymous with "NFL", but the way they go about it is really distracting. Would it really have hurt to put the NFL logo in place of EA's logo on the Extra Point title? Or at the end of the game, use the NFL logo with VoiceOver "This has been a presentation of the National Football League."?

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Immersion

100% agree. this and that they even say that the games are brought to you by EA Sports. They could even say "Brought to you by the National Football League" dumb I know, but is better than nothing
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The NFL won't allow EA to use ESPN in madden due to the existence of NFL network. With that being said then they should use the NFL Network logo's and such.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
ymd
Banned

OVR: 1

I agree, it's so stupid. Especially when in the beginning cut scenes the fans have 'EA TRIBUON' T-Shirts! For crying out loud! I don't want to see my home-fans wearing frikken EA shirts, that almost makes me want to puke. However, I guess I have to please the EA-fansboys and THANK EA for letting us at least have NFL logos on the field. EA sports its in the game! Yeah right.

The EAMadden team...ugh.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
The NFL won't allow EA to use ESPN in madden due to the existence of NFL network. With that being said then they should use the NFL Network logo's and such.
Exactly, I agree.

Maybe they are slowing rolling out the NFL network. They are using a few of their reporters for franchise and halftime presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I understand this. I also understand that the ESPN license is just wasting away under EA, and we all know that the only reason EA acquired the license is so 2K couldn't use it.

Even so, EA chooses to bench the NFL logo in favor of it's own. Ironic and a damn shame.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
DickDalewood

OVR:

I've enjoyed Madden a lot this year, but I completely agree with the OP here. Last gen Franchises had that whole "coaches office" look to them, where youreally felt like you were running a team... both games did this well.

This gen, the only thing different about playing a franchise is the menu telling me that's what mode it is. It's a heck of a lot better this year than the last four, but still could be improved a ton.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

i'd like to give my honest opinion on this, but i can't. So instead i will say i love it, and i wish their were more EA logos. EA is the greatest sports video game company in the world, so they should advertise in their games. I love EA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »