Home

So Ian doesn't hang much anymore?

This is a discussion on So Ian doesn't hang much anymore? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9
So Ian doesn't hang much anymore?

I haven't seen him on here in a long time, i wonder why? I hope he didn't get to discourged by all the negitivty but in most cases i think it was warranted, it just depends on how you go about it because some people just don't know how to get there point across with out sounding like a spoiled brat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: So Ian doesn't hang much anymore?

dude couldnt really say much more. he tried his best. its a ok game i suppose but hes already heard everything the same stuff everytime he gets on here. he knows whats wrong and the dude got jobs to do
Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

He's around occasionally, he actually replied to one of my topics a week or two ago. He isn't around nearly as much as he was pre-release, but he still pops in on occasion.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 21

I dont respect the fact he isn't around post sale, but I understand it. How many get out of bed and cant wait for a swift kick in the balls? Thats what this board must be like to the guy.

He is a grown man, he should have been much more careful about what he said. No game could every please anybody, but this game disappoints a much larger amount of people than I figured it would.

Blame the economy for poor sales but dont ignore the EA track record and a core game that has been the same 5 years running.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I dont respect the fact he isn't around post sale, but I understand it. How many get out of bed and cant wait for a swift kick in the balls? Thats what this board must be like to the guy.

He is a grown man, he should have been much more careful about what he said. No game could every please anybody, but this game disappoints a much larger amount of people than I figured it would.

Blame the economy for poor sales but dont ignore the EA track record and a core game that has been the same 5 years running.
I think the reason he doesn't come around is because of posters like this. You guys see issues, sure, but seem to ignore all the work the team has done this year. In fact, the team is still working on the game trying to get the glaring issues patched so maybe, just maybe, a few of you guys will stop whining.

I don't blame Ian for not coming around. I think he probably reads all the crappy, complaining posts. When he sees someone offer something that may actually improve the game, then maybe he comments. Unfortunately, the majority of the threads on this forum have become whining.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, so relax.
And I'm not saying the game is perfect. There are certainly things that drive me nuts about it. But, that said, I really enjoy the game. To me, it's easily the best Madden I've ever played (started on 01). I think the majority of people like me, who actually like the game, avoid this forum. So much negativity..
Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

He's been seen often in the online franchise thread here....
Old 10-01-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
I think the reason he doesn't come around is because of posters like this. You guys see issues, sure, but seem to ignore all the work the team has done this year. In fact, the team is still working on the game trying to get the glaring issues patched so maybe, just maybe, a few of you guys will stop whining.

I don't blame Ian for not coming around. I think he probably reads all the crappy, complaining posts. When he sees someone offer something that may actually improve the game, then maybe he comments. Unfortunately, the majority of the threads on this forum have become whining.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, so relax.
And I'm not saying the game is perfect. There are certainly things that drive me nuts about it. But, that said, I really enjoy the game. To me, it's easily the best Madden I've ever played (started on 01). I think the majority of people like me, who actually like the game, avoid this forum. So much negativity..
Guess it's just me. But, I rarely think of posters on OS as whiners. I wouldn't be here if I thought that. OS has some of the most sim-hungry sports gamers around, including me. Some complain about the little details. Some complain about huge gameplay issues. But, IMO, it's all relevant. Especially considering the way these games are marketed (and how much they cost). "Everything we see on sunday." Really? Don't say that.

Don't try so hard to market your game a certain way (lies), and we won't feel the need to point out every little detail. But, you and I know, they won't stop doing that. Oh noooo!! They got games to sell.

So, if you're gonna market your game that way, AND come to OS (or any forum), then you should have thick skin, and really consider any issue, big or small, before and after launch, that people here are talking about. If not, then make your game your way, save us the trouble of giving ideas, and trying to help, and have some restraint (like Ian is now). But, if you try to simply wave off people, and consider them whiners, then you never really cared in the first place, and I'd rather not see you around these parts.

And yep, you avoid this forum so much, yet, here you are! When I'm really enjoying a game, I don't have much to say, and you really won't see me around. You especially won't see me knocking someone else who's continuing to voice their opinions, to try and make a game better. Just as the mods do their job, let the devs decide who's whining and who's not, instead of us pointing the finger at each other. We should all be in this together.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 10-01-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #8
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

The salesman has left the building!

Hey, at least Adam is still in touch with NCAA 10 buyers, or those who stuck around.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »