Home

Where's my Money? I'll take a check

This is a discussion on Where's my Money? I'll take a check within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Where's my Money? I'll take a check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The sales of this game also show that it is not a successful title.
I know the points been made before but dude...ever read a newspaper? Watch the news on TV? You realize that we're in a ****ty economy right now, right? And that sales for EVERYTHING is down?

Sorry but this year especially, you can't take that small difference in sales from last year to this year and use it as ammo for a "Madden 10 sucks" argument. It just makes you look like a dumb kid that doesn't keep up with current events.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Here's your cookie!

On a serious note. Although there are plenty of things wrong and could be better with this game. It def. is a big improvement over 09. And Im expecting a even bigger/better turnaround for Madden 11. The direction taken was the right one, but now can they take it to another level? We'll see.
I completely agree with you. I think that Madden's future is very bright and hopefully Madden 11 will be a year to remember. IMO, Madden made huge strides this year (despite some of its issues), and if it can do it again, it can be special.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I know the points been made before but dude...ever read a newspaper? Watch the news on TV? You realize that we're in a ****ty economy right now, right? And that sales for EVERYTHING is down?

Sorry but this year especially, you can't take that small difference in sales from last year to this year and use it as ammo for a "Madden 10 sucks" argument. It just makes you look like a dumb kid that doesn't keep up with current events.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT i have a MODDED XBOX360 a PS3 A PS2 i buy what i want regardless of a s^itty economy. XBOX360 RRD, PS3 EXPENSIVE AS HELL but better quality, PS2 BEST GAMEPLAY. my point is MADDEN HASN'T BEEN WORTH BUYING SINCE THE PS2. so till they give us a quality product. ITS F@$K them like they've been say F@$K U
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety21
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT i have a MODDED XBOX360 a PS3 A PS2 i buy what i want regardless of a s^itty economy. XBOX360 RRD, PS3 EXPENSIVE AS HELL but better quality, PS2 BEST GAMEPLAY. my point is MADDEN HASN'T BEEN WORTH BUYING SINCE THE PS2. so till they give us a quality product. ITS F@$K them like they've been say F@$K U

its like people buy madden just because of the name now, i know i did.for u old skool cats, remember when a bag a chips was full to the top instead of half air half chips nowadays. THATS WHAT MADDEN IS NOW full of fluff no true WHAT WE WANT
Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

The only question I have for you is, did you get an infraction for this thread? Whenever I bad mouth EA, by responding to existing threads, I get an infraction for Trolling. Even though this is a good forum, I have to say IMO, it's very unique in that you really have to be extra careful on what you post. Any other forums I post in, allow you to speak your mind as long as your not insulting another member in the forum.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 AM   #14
Rookie

Locker's Arena

OVR: 2

In anger, I have said that I would never buy Madden again... Logically and realistically, I probably will, but ONLY after it has been out for at least a month. I will read every review, possibly wait for the first patch, and check these boards religiously to see what Madden 2011 is like... But I will never be a midnight buyer again. I said that three years ago and I've held to it. I have waited at least a few days but then I just had to go buy it... I've bought this game since I was 10 and used my paper route money.

I have played one full game... and that was enough for me. I have not even downloaded the patch yet because NCAA is all I play. When patch #2 comes out I'll update the game and try again, but not until the sim stats are fixed.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
U think im wrong then call me on it, but I can guarantee you that in AUG/SEPT this forum willl again be filled with angry members braking on how bad MADDEN 2010 is.
Thats because most of the people who are actually enjoying the game try to steer clear of the forums due to all the negativity.

And you want some compensation because you guaranteed that people would be "braking on how bad Madden 10 is"? Well, thats really going out on a limb considering that no matter what improvements this game made or how good it is, there will always be something that people are not happy with, they'll post it on the forums, and people will agree. Hell, its made safer by the simple idea that people were complaining about how bad the game was, and it hadn't even released yet.

Guaranteeing that people will be upset with Madden, or any sports video game in general, is as safe as guaranteeing that tomorrow will be light, followed by a period of dark, and that all lakes will be wet.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

lol..i dont get it.. so your saying you won the bet based off your "own opinion" There is no fact that the game is good or bad as everyone has their own opinion.

If you want to prove your right..i suggest you make a poll asking who likes madden10 and who dont like madden10..that would prove if you were right or wrong much better then using your own opinion.

I DARE you to make this poll..i dare you!! lol

I bet my last dollar the poll would greatly favor those that like the game..

Instead of spewing your jibberish.. MAKE THE F'n POLL!!!!

PS> I bet the OP wont make the poll because he knows he will be proven wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I had a post where I went off an EA, and this was last year in AUG 08. Where I also predicted the results of how Madden 10 will be at this point, and I was pretty accurate.

Here is what I said. Now remember I was very angry back then so I went off.

Again I was pretty upset not being able to have a solid next gen game that I went loco

The thing is Ian called me on this bet, and I tried countless times to make that bet, and no luck he pretty much ignored me. Oh well, but I would have been receiving a check for sure if he did follow through

Here is his response.

Funny to is how all his cheerleaders were riding his jock, and saying "Yea my money is on you Ian"

Anyway I think it is safe to say that some are happy with this title , but way more gamers are not. The sales of this game also show that it is not a successful title.

I would have won this bet, and here is the link to validate the date it was posted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038915061

I'm sure I will get some wise a55 coming off on me. Ian still does have some cheerleaders in here, and will do their best to defend him.

I really do not care.

Last edited by Moegames; 10-01-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »