Home

madden team is the king of empty promises

This is a discussion on madden team is the king of empty promises within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
madden team is the king of empty promises

man we were all so hyped for this years game. it seemed like it was going to be different, like it was going to be a step in the right direction. but while somethings have improved, it's the same 'ol tiburon menality:

1. online franchise is an absolute joke. lets ignore the missing salary cap, player contracts, and free agency. i'm talking about BARE BONES stuff: no team stats on the website, no qb ratings, a piss poor website interface, no control over the league by the commissioner, no sliders, no options to toggle (fumble mini game, for instance), stats not showing up...

we were told that things could be fixed server side. well, here we are almost 2 months later, and NOTHING has been done. oh, i'm sorry, they fixed the bug where the two teams stats were mixed up on the summary screens. thank you tiburon.

2. major gameplay issues ignored in the first patch. there is no way we're getting a 2nd patch. much like last years "hardcore patch", this is just a pipe dream that will never happen.

i'm not saying i hate the game, but i'm glad it's underselling. maybe they'll finally have to respect their customers instead of feeding us horse**** leading up to the release so they can get our $50 and then basically ignore us afterwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: madden team is the king of empty promises

K, thanks.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchOfThePigs
man we were all so hyped for this years game. it seemed like it was going to be different, like it was going to be a step in the right direction. but while somethings have improved, it's the same 'ol tiburon menality:

1. online franchise is an absolute joke. lets ignore the missing salary cap, player contracts, and free agency. i'm talking about BARE BONES stuff: no team stats on the website, no qb ratings, a piss poor website interface, no control over the league by the commissioner, no sliders, no options to toggle (fumble mini game, for instance), stats not showing up...

we were told that things could be fixed server side. well, here we are almost 2 months later, and NOTHING has been done. oh, i'm sorry, they fixed the bug where the two teams stats were mixed up on the summary screens. thank you tiburon.

2. major gameplay issues ignored in the first patch. there is no way we're getting a 2nd patch. much like last years "hardcore patch", this is just a pipe dream that will never happen.

i'm not saying i hate the game, but i'm glad it's underselling. maybe they'll finally have to respect their customers instead of feeding us horse**** leading up to the release so they can get our $50 and then basically ignore us afterwards.
underselling? name something in the us economy that isn't underselling.

they did what they could with online franchise this year. did you honestly expect perfection in year one? give me a break.
the second patch is nearly complete. quit your whining.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Dude as much I hate say this. But Ian and Phil and their crew are trying their best. Maybe the problem is that we asking Ian and crew to add way to much stuff into the game in one year to make us happy and not allow them more time to test the game out. If my game didn't get broken last month. I would still be playing. I haven't got the money to buy a new one yet. Plus there is going to be a second patch soon. Gameplay is going to be the main focus for thesecond patch. But there is only so much they can do while working on madden 11. Chill out bro. No game is perfect.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

U willng to bet?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #6

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

We gave you a gripe thread. Use that.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »