Home

Where's my Money? I'll take a check

This is a discussion on Where's my Money? I'll take a check within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Where's my Money? I'll take a check

I had a post where I went off an EA, and this was last year in AUG 08. Where I also predicted the results of how Madden 10 will be at this point, and I was pretty accurate.

Here is what I said. Now remember I was very angry back then so I went off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Glad u guys(EA) feel you have a great team developing the game. Im 100% sure next years game wont be good. After experienceing what was given to us this year Im convinced you guys dont know the game of football at all. The running game alone displays your teams knowledge of the game. Its a horrible duplication of the NFL's true running game. This is something I would expect from a Bltiz game. You guys are so far behind, that it is insane. You guys focus so much on candy, that u have no idea about true simulation football. What EA needs to do is fire u guys and bring back the true sim developers they had in the past.

In 1 yr u cant make all the improvements alone in the gameplay that is needed , especailly in the AI department. The AI is bad, animations are bad, collision detection is bad, graphics are to cartoony, and You guys have all this stuff on presentation and specific player animations. Theres only so much you can do in that time.

U think im wrong then call me on it, but I can guarantee you that in AUG/SEPT this forum willl again be filled with angry members braking on how bad MADDEN 2010 is.
Again I was pretty upset not being able to have a solid next gen game that I went loco

The thing is Ian called me on this bet, and I tried countless times to make that bet, and no luck he pretty much ignored me. Oh well, but I would have been receiving a check for sure if he did follow through

Here is his response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
WE ARE the true sim developers from the past.

If you're so positive it will be terrible, how about a friendly wager?
Funny to is how all his cheerleaders were riding his jock, and saying "Yea my money is on you Ian"

Anyway I think it is safe to say that some are happy with this title , but way more gamers are not. The sales of this game also show that it is not a successful title.

I would have won this bet, and here is the link to validate the date it was posted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038915061

I'm sure I will get some wise a55 coming off on me. Ian still does have some cheerleaders in here, and will do their best to defend him.

I really do not care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Where's my Money? I'll take a check

Cute post

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Here's your cookie!

On a serious note. Although there are plenty of things wrong and could be better with this game. It def. is a big improvement over 09. And Im expecting a even bigger/better turnaround for Madden 11. The direction taken was the right one, but now can they take it to another level? We'll see.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Hey Bud, how's it going?

The key word is terrible.

Terrible is a subjective word. Not trying to defend anyone, just being real.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 AM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Even if you had this bet, there is no available commonly-accepted measure that you could use to claim Madden 10 is terrible. Compared to other video games it's doing well sales-wise, and the game received its best Metacritic score since the 02 iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

well said my dude. i respect the fact that u stand up for what u believe in and don't fold for CHEAP TRICKS.i like IAN but MADDEN has truley fallen off to the point where so called REAL MADDEN BALLERS or calling this CRAP the best MADDEN EVER because all the next- gen MADDENS sucked so bad when in reality its not even better than ps2's madden 06.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm not going to argue on whether or not Madden 10 is a good game, but although some people are unhappy with this year's Madden release, my only advice is to expect a much better game next year, even if you don't think that current the team will or is capable of pulling it off.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 10-01-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040258168

Oh, and

I want to find out about the guy who said he would tattoo the EA logo on his butt if Madden was a great game. What does he think of Madden 10? If you had to quantify that bet and pick a winner, who would you choose? Would my having to ask that question mean he won? I like the improvements but after a month and a half I hardly even play Madden 10 anymore. I may play it more latter, but this is the least I have even played Madden in this short amount of time after I bought it. Pursuit angles and the AI logic being more of the same old garbage has a lot to do with my lack of excitement. Until Patch two I am downgrading M10 from an initial B+/A- range to a C+/B- range. I am playing 2k5/2k8 and Beatles Rock Band as much or more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 27.jpg (135.9 KB, 430 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »