Home

Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate?

This is a discussion on Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is Joe Flacco inherently inaccurate?

I know what you're talking about. In my franchise with Ravens, against the Pats, I threw 4 picks in 9 passes with him.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I've also had big trouble playing with Flacco in terms of his accuracy.

In franchise mode his accuracy ratings actually decreased coming into the second season, while his OVR rating increased, so I trade him to the Titans for some rookie QB - think his name was Tom/Ted Ford with OVR 75. The Ravens were a completely different team after getting rid of Flacco, as I was actually able to make ~15% more completions, despite having a "worse" QB.

I haven't tried experimenting with individual QB passing styles and quick releases, but so far I think most QBs in Madden have slow footwork, which hampers their release as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
The other issue I have on the passing is there really is no medium trajectory. It is either really high or low. It is almost impossible to just lob a pass over a LB sitting in a zone without him picking it off.

Throwing a Bullet pass should not take forever for a ball to get there either. Has the Madden team ever heard of a QB sticking right between 2 defenders on a laser? In Madden 10 if you throw a bullet pass to an area of a zone it seems like it is just floating in the air instead of looking like a ball on a mission.
I've had some "realistic" passing games against the CPU, where I have edited ALL defenders, even DLs and DEs, to have 12 in jumping.

Defenders will still fight for the ball and knock down plenty of your passes as most of that stuff is canned animations anyway, but they won't make unrealistic jumps in open space to intercept or deflect passes.

At the same time I've had a fair amount of success with bullet passes, when defenders in open space aren't super athletes.

However, be warned that editing the jumping ratings adds more wood for the Madden fire, as you should expect to be even more frustrated about QB accuracy and dropped passes - a consequence of allowing more passes past the defenders.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
Could it be that your throwing on the run?
Actually, I think not throwing on the run with Flacco is the issue. In my experience, Flacco is the most accurate throw-on-the-run-QB in Madden. He is greatly more accurate while running and throws fewer INTs.

This is of course silly! In real life, although some QB's are more accurate than other QB's while on the run, no QB should be far superior on the run than with his feet set in a perfect pocket.

Give Flacco a bunch of roll outs and watch him hit his mark. Be sure to drop back as you roll out though. Stay to close to the line on a roll and he'll get chewed up and spit out by the D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTello

This is of course silly! In real life, although some QB's are more accurate than other QB's while on the run, no QB should be far superior on the run than with his feet set in a perfect pocket.
Big Ben?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Whitebread
Big Ben?
Even Big Ben can throw better when he's allowed to set up in a pocket and not have to run around (not that that ever happens with the Steelers' OL).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »