Home

Warp Still in the Game?

This is a discussion on Warp Still in the Game? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Warp Still in the Game?

warping is still in the game whether you go into replay or not.

i saw it alot during my games.

i guess it's something we have to deal with till next yr.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
Banned

Yes it is still there and it the number one reason why a vertical team can not exist.

The passing game in Madden is horrid because you can never trust if a WR is open or not more than 10 yards down field. Now if you wanted to throw crossing routes you could do that almost all day but if you are trying to go deep you almost have to throw it and pray the game allows you to make it.

The jump spin and tackle is still in the game.
The jump catch suction into a hit stick is still in the game.
The defensive rocket jump (although better) is still in the game.
Speed warp still in the game.
And that deal where every once and a while there will be 5 defenders around your WR by the time the ball comes down.

Those with the fact that there is still no true precision passing means anything over 10 yards is almost a waste of a down.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Warp sucks, especially when you should be able to drop it over a linebacker and he throws it on a rope and the LB goes up and gets it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

yeah the warp is still in there.

I love how when I play almost every pass i throw is to a guy who is so open even ea's wonderful warp cheat won't stop the completion. This of course leads to me being sacked quite a lot especially when you factor in the horrible pass protection they decided to give the user.

So many times I have wanted to pass to a guy who in the real nfl would be considered open but I know if I do I'l get it picked off or knocked down by a magic defender.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #13
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
yeah the warp is still in there.

I love how when I play almost every pass i throw is to a guy who is so open even ea's wonderful warp cheat won't stop the completion. This of course leads to me being sacked quite a lot especially when you factor in the horrible pass protection they decided to give the user.

So many times I have wanted to pass to a guy who in the real nfl would be considered open but I know if I do I'l get it picked off or knocked down by a magic defender.
Madden probably makes you a worse passer in real life. I remember when I finally played APF, I was actually scared to throw to receivers that had a step on the CB or a slot WR who got behind the LB's.

I can't believe that I was Maddenized. It took a few games to recognize that there wasn't crazy warping or LB's with Olympic high jump verticals. It felt good to have those options again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »