Home

Too Much Scoring

This is a discussion on Too Much Scoring within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Too Much Scoring

I've been saying this since Madden 10 released. I have played about 10 seasons now and NOT ONE game has been a blowout like 24-0, or 35-3, etc.

They have ALL been close, down to the wire, games....

I do coach mode or CPU vs CPU and they have all been close. One time I was leading 35-14 by the middle of the 4th quarter and here I am thinking "wow finally a blowout game!", and nope.

The opposing team ran down the field like it was nothing, recovered TWO onside kicks back to back, and scored both times.

I still won 35-31 but only because time ran out. The comeback AI in this game is ridiculous....another words...the CPU makes miracle drives at the end of the game to come back. This kind of game mechanic is such a turnoff, and people are sick of it.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I play on Rookie/Pro in my Fantasy Draft franchise and I put up 60 points a game. I love it. CPU averages 20 or so. LOL
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I select all teams in my franchise with all-madden settings with 8 minute qtrs and 15 sec accel. Im on week 4, and I was controlling the Chiefs against the Giants. In the 4th qtr I was up 21-10 with a little over 5 minutes left. Brandon Jacobs broke about 5-6 tackles for the most amazing 54 yard run for 6 that i've ever seen. So now Im up 21-17. Giants kick off and Charles fumbles on the return, and Giants recover. On the first play, Jacobs breaks another 5 tackles for another amazing score. Now im beyond mad. Giants are now up 24-21. Giants kick off. I connect with a wide open Bowe, as soon as a Giants defender catches up to me and wraps his arms around Bowe, the ball just pops out of his hands and the Giants recover the fumble and manages a field goal after a few plays to put the Giants up by 7. By this time I only had 45 seconds with 2 timeouts to try to get this game to overtime. But the Giants defense kept me in check. I blow an 11 point lead in 2 minutes. And my defense gives up 17 points in 4 minutes. Damn you Brandon Jacobs, damn you!!! Just the combo of Dorsey and Vrabel should have stopped him once, never mind the 2 times they were tossed like rag dolls by Jacobs. I wonder if it be different if i used my hit stick. I'll never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I have yet to have a game start without a TD in the first quarter.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Just played my first good game with the "NFL on FOX" sliders. Lost 17-6, I was the Texans against the Chiefs. Only 2 TD's in the game, although one was a defensive TD. Still a great game for 15 min. quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »