Home

I finally gave up on that crap

This is a discussion on I finally gave up on that crap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I finally gave up on that crap

Well, this year I really had hope, that they might get it right, finally - after years where the last gen version gave much better experience than current version.

But after dozens and dozens of games played, nothing really has changed when it comes to the cpu cheating.

Need examples?

I took some decent sliders from here, but played with standard settings like pro, all pro as well, just to make sure, that what I experienced is nit directly related to sliders.

First, wheneve you make a nice play, lets say you break a 10 or 12 yard run, while facing your own endzone, 3 out of 5 times you will get a penalty destroying it. I have seen this so often, I really get tired of that sh*t.

Yes, this might happen in reality from time to time - but not 3 or more out of 5.

Ever made a sack? Usually this is something you may see rather seldom. 9 out of 10 RoboQB will get rid of the ball just in time, mainly even COMPLETE the pass, usually for crucial first downs.

Said that, you rarely get into position of making a sack, because usually the pocket will give RoboQB time forever to check down the field - while your own pocket breaks down immediately, of course.

Same goes with tackling. Usually your defenders - even if they are Patrick Willis - will miss some vital tackles during the game. You hardly see that on the cpu side - no matter how crappy that team is.

I could go on forever with that "strange" things happening - usually on YOUR side of the ball - but Im tired.

I might not be - related to age maybe - any kind of stick artist. Though a lot of things Ive seen within the last weeks dont have anything to do with stick skills. Normally I dont even play on D, so its all AI.

Resumee? This will be the last madden I ever bought... I finally lost hope in that game...

Oh I almost forgot, the MOST annoying thing is, whatever you audible, the CPU will react almost PERFCET to it... Never again may someone say, the cpu does NOT exactly know what you called...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I finally gave up on that crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside63
Well, this year I really had hope, that they might get it right, finally - after years where the last gen version gave much better experience than current version.

But after dozens and dozens of games played, nothing really has changed when it comes to the cpu cheating.

Need examples?

I took some decent sliders from here, but played with standard settings like pro, all pro as well, just to make sure, that what I experienced is nit directly related to sliders.

First, wheneve you make a nice play, lets say you break a 10 or 12 yard run, while facing your own endzone, 3 out of 5 times you will get a penalty destroying it. I have seen this so often, I really get tired of that sh*t.

Yes, this might happen in reality from time to time - but not 3 or more out of 5.

Ever made a sack? Usually this is something you may see rather seldom. 9 out of 10 RoboQB will get rid of the ball just in time, mainly even COMPLETE the pass, usually for crucial first downs.

Said that, you rarely get into position of making a sack, because usually the pocket will give RoboQB time forever to check down the field - while your own pocket breaks down immediately, of course.

Same goes with tackling. Usually your defenders - even if they are Patrick Willis - will miss some vital tackles during the game. You hardly see that on the cpu side - no matter how crappy that team is.

I could go on forever with that "strange" things happening - usually on YOUR side of the ball - but Im tired.

I might not be - related to age maybe - any kind of stick artist. Though a lot of things Ive seen within the last weeks dont have anything to do with stick skills. Normally I dont even play on D, so its all AI.

Resumee? This will be the last madden I ever bought... I finally lost hope in that game...

Oh I almost forgot, the MOST annoying thing is, whatever you audible, the CPU will react almost PERFCET to it... Never again may someone say, the cpu does NOT exactly know what you called...
I feel your pain. I am hoping another company takes note and produces a great football game. At this point, it won't even need to be licensed by the NFL. Just use generic teams from each football city and I'll be fine.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

my sig tells ya how i feel....
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, its so awful - you can hardly tell.

As I am a masochist, I kept on playing - just because I love the game of football so much...which is not really common over here

In general, the CPU is favored in almost any aspect of the game.

You all know the experience having your WR one on one down the sideline? Let's assume they are at least EQUAL in OVR. Throw the ball deep to him 10 times. 1 time you might get a completion. You get picked AT LEAST 2 or 3 times, the other times will be incompletions.

Now, watch the same the other way round. The CPU will complete at least 5 times out of ten, when you're lucky, you will get one pick - usually you wont get one.

How many times have you heard "He droppes an easy pick" ?? I hear that a dozen times a game - of course its pointed into the direction of my guys.

The CPU drops less than half the potential picks your guys do...

Or hows about those linebackers, jumping 6 feet high and picking up your pass, those CBs not even LOOKING into the direction the ball is coming from, though picking on you or at least swatting the ball away???

Btw, why are curl routes almost completely broken? 8 or 9 out of 10 times, your WR will stop BEHIND his CB - great, but only for a sue pick, if you dare throwing to him. I know, curls were much to easy last year but thats no reason to render them unusable this year

All this and hundreds of little and big annoyances were promised to be taken away from the game - by this Ian guy. As we all know by now, this was simply marketing hogwash... Of course, you might call it lies as well.

Too bad, I believed at least some stuff and after fighting with myself, I bought the game. This time for sure, the last time.

I mean, I have no problem loosing a game or two or even more - winning every game would be extremly boring

If I throw into coverage - my fault - better next time. If I cant get any running game going - try harder. But if it is because your guys cant block ****, because the defenders cut off almost any block without the slightest problem - oh well...

As well as all those picks, of which so many are just plain cheated. No way, I play this any longer.

NCAA might not be perfect, though I find it a much more realistic experience. Surprisingly, a lot of this Madden crap doesnt happen there. I thought they were both based on the same game engine - funny enough how different a game can be...

Anyway, I dont want to bore you guys any longer... But after very frustrating weeks of trying to get it playable somehow - I gave up today and just wanted to express my deep and bitter dissapointment about the "totally reworked" Madden. It sure LOOKS better than any Madden before - buts sadly, thats about it...

Hopefully the NFL License will end one day. If that ever happens, the Madden series might as well die immediately because no one wants it any longer....
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

2k football was weak sauce. There I said it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
2k football was weak sauce. There I said it.
If 2k football was 'weak sauce' what does that make Madden?Strong diarrhea?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree competition is great for consumers. I just haven't found M10 as repulsive as some of you have. To each their own. Cheers!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

M10 is definitely weak sauce...it's repulsive..it was good the first two weeks(I got it a week early so I didn't see these gigantic flaws we all see now)...and then I started seeing the missed blocking..people started finding nanos..completing rocket catches pretty much 100%...these ridiculous nanos ruined this game for me. Ian DID actually lie. I remember I was SO hyped because he said there was no nanos...they said they got a "pro" and he could not rocket catch...guess he wasn't creative enough to find the way to do it...then other than that..it is a good game. But those problems are just so big. I could live with rocket catching..but these nanos are horrendous. I hate the game, but I have hope that Ian and team will actually fix these problems next year...I will wait a month this time though and see whether or not the problems were not band-aided this year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »