Home

Halftime scores are all actually final scores in franchise

This is a discussion on Halftime scores are all actually final scores in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Halftime scores are all actually final scores in franchise

Anyone else notice that the scores they show at halftime from around the league are all final scores from games that were simmed before starting your game? This results in "2nd quarter" scores of 42-38 and 45-17, etc.

Also, if your game is the first one on the schedule and none get simmed prior to starting, you get no score updates at halftime.

I know this was probably a last minute "addition" but hopefully this is corrected next year. They also need to bring back to score ticker.

I dont get how the Super Nintendo Madden could have a ticker + bonus coverage after your game and next gen Madden can't even give us correct halftime scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Halftime scores are all actually final scores in franchise

I've noticed that, as well as a million ties a season.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuRRiiCaNe22
I've noticed that, as well as a million ties a season.
That seems to be hit or miss. I've simmed multiple seasons since buying the game and it seems that you get no ties in a season while every once in awhile you'll get a season with 3-4 ties.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

Not only that guys, but am I the only one that realizes that the first Madden, yes the first Madden on Genesis without the names, nor team logo's, use to give us updates, and would show a loosing team try to drive down the field in the last 45 seconds or so to kick the winning field goal in the 4th quarter, or sometimes in overtime putting you out the playoffs!!

Not only that, but the lady (the way she recorded her voice doesn't warrant me saying her name) at the halftime show says and I quote, "Lets take a look at some scores and highlights around the league." Highlights eh???? What highlights.... I don't know bro, I've downloaded enough rosters from college to last me well into 2 years of madden play.

Why buy Madden 11 when I have Juice Williams on the Bears, Tim Tebow on the Jaguars, Sam Bradford on the Broncos, Staffon Johnson (hope he gets well soon) on the Jetz with Mark Sanchez.... I don't even have to go on, but Taylor Mayes is on the Cowboys.... I can just play this game over and over, switching teams and switching up drafts and be sastified, if they don't put highlights and alot of other stuff in the next Madden installment.

I'm not saying Madden 10 is a bad game by any means, because it is the best next gen version out of the past iterations, but come on man... I'm not trying to hate, but with the digital age of twittering nowadays... I don't think they have enough time to make Madden 11 have all these things we want... If it does, I will buy... if not... just getting updated rosters may not be enough...

I wish they would think logically... if they make madden perfect, they would have more free time making new fresh ideas, instead of trying to fix old issues. Now i'm not saying rush anything, but maybe EA needs to take a year off to catch up to themselves. With a year off, they wouldn't have to cram everything in 6-8 months of programming.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I never have time to look at the scores. I try to catch teams in my division, but it flicks by so quick I barely catch that. Got to hurry to that important number of plays summary for you game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
I never have time to look at the scores. I try to catch teams in my division, but it flicks by so quick I barely catch that. Got to hurry to that important number of plays summary for you game.
Same here. Never really bothered to look too closely since it flashes by so quick.

I usually use the crappy half time show as an oppurtunity to take a whizz, get a fresh beer, or walk to over and change the album playing from my Ipod.

I'm sure its nice though.

Maybe they should hire more mid level developers to work on mundane stuff like that... Oh wait, they have us.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
Not only that guys, but am I the only one that realizes that the first Madden, yes the first Madden on Genesis without the names, nor team logo's, use to give us updates, and would show a loosing team try to drive down the field in the last 45 seconds or so to kick the winning field goal in the 4th quarter, or sometimes in overtime putting you out the playoffs!!

Not only that, but the lady (the way she recorded her voice doesn't warrant me saying her name) at the halftime show says and I quote, "Lets take a look at some scores and highlights around the league." Highlights eh???? What highlights.... I don't know bro, I've downloaded enough rosters from college to last me well into 2 years of madden play.

Why buy Madden 11 when I have Juice Williams on the Bears, Tim Tebow on the Jaguars, Sam Bradford on the Broncos, Staffon Johnson (hope he gets well soon) on the Jetz with Mark Sanchez.... I don't even have to go on, but Taylor Mayes is on the Cowboys.... I can just play this game over and over, switching teams and switching up drafts and be sastified, if they don't put highlights and alot of other stuff in the next Madden installment.

I'm not saying Madden 10 is a bad game by any means, because it is the best next gen version out of the past iterations, but come on man... I'm not trying to hate, but with the digital age of twittering nowadays... I don't think they have enough time to make Madden 11 have all these things we want... If it does, I will buy... if not... just getting updated rosters may not be enough...

I wish they would think logically... if they make madden perfect, they would have more free time making new fresh ideas, instead of trying to fix old issues. Now i'm not saying rush anything, but maybe EA needs to take a year off to catch up to themselves. With a year off, they wouldn't have to cram everything in 6-8 months of programming.
That was an awesome feature. I'd love to see a youtube clip of that. Those were the days
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I have noticed the high halftime scores during the halftime scores, for the moment I thought I was playing NBA Live instead of Madden, this needs to be fixed, but if you do not feel like doing this, sim the games ahead of yours, go to league schedule and highlight each game, then sim it.
I hope that this will help you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »