Home

the patch needs some fixing

This is a discussion on the patch needs some fixing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
the patch needs some fixing

since the patch I got screwed twice while playing online games.

One time I decided to run with 8 seconds left in the 1st half and 1 timeout remaining from my opponents 7 yd line. I run down to the goal line and it appears I'm in...but no...the refs discuss and say I was short. It still says 2 seconds left and at that point I press select a million times and nothing happens. the clock just expires. lost 7 pts cuz I would have QB sneaked it.

yesterday there is 6 seconds left in the game and I'm at my opponents 10 yd line in a tie game. With 1 timeout left I decide to kneel and call a timeout with 3 seconds left because there is NO more holding on field goals. Usually I leave about 6 left just incase there is holding but there isn't. So I kneel the ball. At 3 seconds I press select...nothing happens. I press it a million more times and no timeout! So I go into overtime again because I couldn't call a timeout. I still won but I would have been pissed if I lost.

So EA better fix this in the 2nd patch. The cut scenes seem to run too long and you can't press anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: the patch needs some fixing

I heard that if you press the start button and then timeout this will eliminate this problem, I do not know this for sure, but I read this somewhere in the forum.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: the patch needs some fixing

yes the start button can work at times. in a similar situation i used the start button and i was able to call a TO. but yesterday it wouldn't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »