Home

Looking off safeties . . .

This is a discussion on Looking off safeties . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #49
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Looking off safeties . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
I don't want to get beat by someone simply because he's a master a keeping the cone steady and locking on to WRs. I want lose because my opponent make better desicions. The passing game should be more about x's and o's arm strength, and accuracy, not stick skills.
It's a game. You are supposed to have stick skills. NFL head coach is for the x's and o's.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #50
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Because you make an inferior player on the game harder to manuever than a superior one. The Vision cone coupled with the new accuracy ratings accomplishes this. I can feel the difference between QBs when it comes to accuracy and arm strength; however, awareness is a big part of the equation with QBs. Awareness means nothing if a QB controlled by the user. The only way to distingish a Good QB with good phsyical tools from a lousy QB with good physical tools is to make the lousy QB threw inaccurate passes at random times to make it harder to move the ball with him under center. That's unrealistic; there are a lot of QBs who lack of success is due more to bad decisions rather than poor accuracy.

I'm sick of all the that goes on concerning this issue(the cone). There were QB's that had cones so big that they covered the basically whole entire field. If you suck at using the cone, than use one of these QBs.
Bravo, well said Dmacho.

The cone actually made playing qb a challenge for less aware qbs. It wouldn't hurt to bring it back w/ the option of toggling off/on. And yes, Ranked games should auto to ON!
I was actually good w/ the cone and got used to double tapping to get the cone to move and throw to the right WR.
Then they take it out and Qb aware/user awr means nothing now.
It really made low awr Safeties/dbs easier to look off and felt like I was really a qb.
I would pump fake to the TE on the seam, move the cone to opposite side, and have a good 1 on 1 chance to make a play w/ my WR.
Please EA, bring back the Dam CONE!

Last edited by dfos81; 10-05-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #51
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I would like to see a poll on this.

I bet most would like to have that option back and also make it mandatory for Ranked games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
It's a game. You are supposed to have stick skills. NFL head coach is for the x's and o's.
superior stick skills should be neccessary for running with the ball, defense and special teams. Superior stick skills shouldn't required to complete a screen pass, a slant or a hitch.

And madden is supposed to be about x's and o's stick skills.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #53
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
superior stick skills should be neccessary for running with the ball, defense and special teams. Superior stick skills shouldn't required to complete a screen pass, a slant or a hitch.

And madden is supposed to be about x's and o's stick skills.
Why the hell not? Are you trying to say passing is easier than running?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #54
Pro

My theory is to allow the qb to target a wr by just tapping the wr's button. But now if you want to pass it to him you double tap the button. That would make everything so easy. The cone was a good Idea but it was implemented wrong/hard to move cones and worry about pass rush.

With my idea its more the qb's eyes looking at wr after pressing the button one time. So if you you then want to change who your looking at you just tap that other wr's button. And again if you want to throw the ball.

Also if you know a blitz is coming well you can pre target a wr and like the real NFL sometimes you only have time to look either left or right. Just take the end of the COwboys game for example. Romo only had time to look 1 way and unfortunely is was the wrong way 2x seeing if he looked left either time AUstin was wide open.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
My theory is to allow the qb to target a wr by just tapping the wr's button. But now if you want to pass it to him you double tap the button. That would make everything so easy. The cone was a good Idea but it was implemented wrong/hard to move cones and worry about pass rush.

With my idea its more the qb's eyes looking at wr after pressing the button one time. So if you you then want to change who your looking at you just tap that other wr's button. And again if you want to throw the ball.

Also if you know a blitz is coming well you can pre target a wr and like the real NFL sometimes you only have time to look either left or right. Just take the end of the COwboys game for example. Romo only had time to look 1 way and unfortunely is was the wrong way 2x seeing if he looked left either time AUstin was wide open.
not a terrible idea, but this does not make QB awareness matter. with this idea, we are back to square 1 as far as it being just as easy for grossman to find an open reciever as for manning. i feel that the best thing about the vision cone is that it makes QB awareness matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Why the hell not? Are you trying to say passing is easier than running?
As far as stick skills are concerned, yes. The passing game isn't about stick skills, it's about reading coverage, timing, and getting rid of the ball on time. The passing game is actually harder because the user had to think more. When running the ball you follow your blockers, run to day light and try to make people miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »