Home

Looking off safeties . . .

This is a discussion on Looking off safeties . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Looking off safeties . . .

How do make coverage think I'm going to X receiver but plan on going to the Z receiver whose on a double move streak with the defense being in a 43 cover 2? Any help would be appreciated. Pump fakes do not work. Thank you.

EDIT: This is also a problem when Y is on fade. I feel I'm lacking sufficient YAC since it is typically a jump ball even though I'm just trying to hit just outside shoulder in stride.

Last edited by reo; 10-03-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Looking off safeties . . .

Tried this myself, but had no success. Seems like this in one of the things lacking in the game.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

You can't, thats why happens when EA gets rid of the cone. Theres no way for the QB to look at one WR and direct a pump.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
You can't, thats why happens when EA gets rid of the cone. Theres no way for the QB to look at one WR and direct a pump.
Yup, bring it back, its the only way to have tangible interaction with the safeties, otherwise they have to program them to be able to stop anything at anytime.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Yup, bring it back, its the only way to have tangible interaction with the safeties, otherwise they have to program them to be able to stop anything at anytime.
I say bring back the cone, but make it so one player can have it on while the other can have it off. Options are always nice

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Remember when it was first made up, in creation there ws a big thing on this. actually your player looks to where he is throwing. jsut move the stick in the direction of the receiver you want to look off jsut like the cone but thres no cone. try it, it does work i forgot waht they called it some visual perception actual thign or something the eyes move to the receiver
Old 10-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Thank all the brillant people that b*tched and moaned about the cone being too hard.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
I say bring back the cone, but make it so one player can have it on while the other can have it off. Options are always nice
That's not fair to the defense ; it's also unrealistic. That's like having the best of both worlds. You can use it to look of the defender, but the user on defense doesn't benefit from the ability to read the QB's eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »