Home

Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Auto Subs?

I want to be able to alternate my defensive line without switching the depth chart every few plays, so I figured I would ask. What is a good auto-sub set for defensive linemen? I play with the Titans who have five DL players who can play pretty well in spot duty from switching them in the depth chart. The only problem I have is this is very tedious, and I really have no knowledge of the auto-subs. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Auto Subs?

yeah, there's an easier way. Almost every play has the package 'DL sub'. It rotates all the backups in so just make sure you have who you want rotating in as second string on the depth chart. If you have a 4 man line, it rotates all of them though. A trick to get 3 in instead of 4 is easy. Just sub out your DE and then put him back in for that set. Then no matter what package you choose in the formation, the player wont be subbed out...so if I pick 43 normal and use the right stick to change packages to DL sub, the dline backups will come in except the player you manually replace.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

If you want to have a high rotation sub slider try 90out/100in. I think its better though to use dline subs based on down & distance.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

i had a problem with these sliders with rbs not playing for most of the 4th qrtr. I had it at 85/90 or something like that but wondered if maybe towards the end of the game after running 15-20 times, etc. if the rb1 couldnt reach 90% energy again and therefore wouldnt come back into game. If im right then setting at 100 would cause problems like im having with other positions.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I use 70 out 85 in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
yeah, there's an easier way. Almost every play has the package 'DL sub'. It rotates all the backups in so just make sure you have who you want rotating in as second string on the depth chart. If you have a 4 man line, it rotates all of them though. A trick to get 3 in instead of 4 is easy. Just sub out your DE and then put him back in for that set. Then no matter what package you choose in the formation, the player wont be subbed out...so if I pick 43 normal and use the right stick to change packages to DL sub, the dline backups will come in except the player you manually replace.
The DLine Sub package doesn't really work properly for the DTs.
I think only one DT gets subbed out because it puts DT1 at DT2 and DT2 at DT3. The DEs sub out properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »