Home

John Madden talking over the announcers...

This is a discussion on John Madden talking over the announcers... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
John Madden talking over the announcers...

Hey,

Is there a way to get John Madden to stop talking over the announcers when he's recommending plays?

I always use "ask Madden" on defense, and John Madden will babble away saying "You should try the rush this time, go ahead put pressure on the other teams QB" as you are selecting plays. The announcers are talking too and the two sound clips play over each other.

Very annoying.

I'm assuming in the other methods Madden wont talk, but I like ask Madden. I just get annoyed how he talks over them.

This should be patched if its not too late for Patch #2. I assume it would be an easy fix...

...I suppose I could just turn the announcers off completely, but I don't want to do that either.

Anyone else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: John Madden talking over the announcers...

I don't use AM so I haven't tried it, but in the sounds menu have you tried turning up commentary and turning down sound fx? I don't know if ask Madden is tied into that at all but some sort of combination in the sound menu might work.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

This is another reason why I think the whole Ask Madden format an script needs to be changed. The commentary of Madden should have a command override of the base commentary set.

Also, it doesn't mesh with a TV presentation. Madden's comments should be observational, not directive.

You're the Ravens on defense. You select Ask Madden and the chosen plays come up. Instead of the usual awkward directive, he would make an appropriate observation:

"I think the Ravens should go with the Blitz here. They need to keep the Cowboys off-balance."

Simple little scripting change, but it makes a big difference.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

i think the only way is to not use "ask madden".
Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea, you just gotta not use ask madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I've noticed, but I don't really care all too much. I just ignore it.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wish the there was a way to disable "ask madden". I don't like how it will automatically go to the special teams formation on 4th down.

I'm not saying I don't punt, what I am saying is on Defense it will suggest nothing but different punt blocks. This is online RANKED games. All the other times punt returns are in there....it just gets annoying having to back out and select special teams, then find punt return. Why do we have to do that extra step of backing out of Ask Madden?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

It doesn't happen all the time when you ask Madden, but it does happen from time to time. And yes it is annoying. In years past there was a separate slider that controlled Madden's volume. If they added that it would be fixed.

If it really bothers you that much, try beginner play call style. The CPU gives you a play to run and usually the plays are more varied also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »