Home

Question About CAT For Franchise

This is a discussion on Question About CAT For Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question About CAT For Franchise

I’m trying to create a team, import it into a franchise, and then do a fantasy draft. The only problem is, I can’t seem to do this without having either fake players from the team type selected in the creating process or duplicate real players from doing a fantasy draft during the creation process.

Is it possible to import a created team without having to work around fake players or NFL stars in a fantasy draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question About CAT For Franchise

There is one way around this and that is to put the players from the team that you are getting rid of to put your created team into the franchise on your created team instead of the fake players and then there will be no duplicates of fake players in the fantasy draft
Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Rookie

But when doing a fantasy draft, I don't have that option. See, when you create a team you either have to choose from the list of generic team types that place fake players associated with that team type on your roster or you have to do a fantasy draft in the create-a-team function that ultimately add those stars drafted as duplicate stars in your franchsie fantasy draft.

In other words; I create a team, select from the generic team types or draft specific players, import them into a franchise and replace a team, then join a fantasy draft only to find two Adrian Petersons (for example) or a generica QB named Jake Long with an overall rating of 99.

Is there a way to side step this?

I was thinking that I could simply draft low rated guys during the create process that would not get drafted in the franchise draft and just deal with the fact that there might be duplicate players in free-agency.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

You can go do the fantasy draft in create-a-team mode and draft all the players on the team you are going to replace. So if your team is going to replace the Bengals you should draft Palmer, Ochocinco, Coles, Benson etc. Make a fantasy drafted create a team with the exact roster of an existing team.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
You can go do the fantasy draft in create-a-team mode and draft all the players on the team you are going to replace. So if your team is going to replace the Bengals you should draft Palmer, Ochocinco, Coles, Benson etc. Make a fantasy drafted create a team with the exact roster of an existing team.
This.

What you need to do before you create your team, decide who will be on your team and put all of them on the team you will be replacing for franchise. Make sure you write the names down because the game doesn't sort the players by team when doing the fantasy draft for create a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying. If I create a team and do a fantasy draft within the create-a-team feature and draft only those players from the team I'll be replacing in my Franchise; I'll still end up with duplicate players from the team being replaced.

See, what's happening is this; I'll create a team and if I draft actual NFL players (whether it be from the team I'm replacing or just an All Madden team) once I import that team into my Franchise and to a FANTASY DRAFT WITHIN THE FRANCHISE, I'll end up with duplicate players from that team.

Example:

If I'm looking to replace the Raiders and draft only those players that are on the Raiders roster when creating my team and then start a Fantasy Draft within my franchise; there will now be two Darren McFaddens in the draft pool, two Michael Bushs, two Jemarcus Russells, etc.

If I use one of the generic team types when creating my team and then import it into my franchise and do a fantasy draft, I end up with fake players with 99 ratings.

Is it possible to create a team and then start a fantasy draft within a franchise without either of the above scenarios taking place?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClickClickZoom
I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying. If I create a team and do a fantasy draft within the create-a-team feature and draft only those players from the team I'll be replacing in my Franchise; I'll still end up with duplicate players from the team being replaced.

See, what's happening is this; I'll create a team and if I draft actual NFL players (whether it be from the team I'm replacing or just an All Madden team) once I import that team into my Franchise and to a FANTASY DRAFT WITHIN THE FRANCHISE, I'll end up with duplicate players from that team.

Example:

If I'm looking to replace the Raiders and draft only those players that are on the Raiders roster when creating my team and then start a Fantasy Draft within my franchise; there will now be two Darren McFaddens in the draft pool, two Michael Bushs, two Jemarcus Russells, etc.

If I use one of the generic team types when creating my team and then import it into my franchise and do a fantasy draft, I end up with fake players with 99 ratings.

Is it possible to create a team and then start a fantasy draft within a franchise without either of the above scenarios taking place?
I don't see any way around your problem. What I would do is this: pick 53 or so players (enough to fill a roster at each position) and edit them all to 12 OVR. Then, when you create you team, select these players to your roster. Do you fantasy draft as normal. When you start your franchise there will be doubles of all these players, but since they will all be free agents and 12 overall, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

I will have to try this because once you replace a team those players should disappear from the game. So if you replace the lions with a cupcake create a team there goes Sims, Johnson, Stafford and all the other Lions in the game. Let me try what you are doing and get back to you.

Also if you are wanting to do a fantasy draft within your franchise then why not just create a cupcake team and draft who you want in your franchise? All the players on your team will be too low to really have an impact in the league and there won't be any duplicates.

EDIT: I don't know what you are doing wrong but I created a team and put Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne on the team. I then replaced the Colts and did a fantasy draft for the franchise and there was only 1 Peyton Manning and 1 Reggie Wayne. So I don't know what else to tell you.

Last edited by billyboy316; 10-04-2009 at 01:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »